ARMA 2 Review

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5694

-------------------------- PART OF REVIEW
As many of you will have noticed by now Armaholic was invited to join the Arma 2 press event in London by 505 Games which many of you have been following through the Arma 2 Twitter page.
Armaholic was represented by Rock-RKSL from the RKSL Studios and Foxhound. At the event we also met with barmyarmy, scripter of the Armed Assault Theatre of War tournament.
The preview you will read below has been written by Rock-RKSL, I only added some additional information and text and edited the general layout.

Well I could do this like a formal review with lots of snappy quotes and bite sized facts but I suspect you are all tired of short superficial reviews. So you are going to get the facts we know about and my own honest opinions.
I've been playing the OFP/ArmA series since 2001 and modding since 2003 so I like to think I do know the games quite well. Feel free to disagree with my opinions but this is just my perception of what we were shown.

Foxhound invited me along to ask the technical and modding related questions. I've read all the same things as most of you probably have and I admit I had some preconceptions given some of the comments from other reviewers and rumours floating around the community forums. But after listening to the initial demo and explanation given by James and Jan from Bohemia Interactive Studios I was impressed.

Forget the cynical and nay saying reviews. If you know Armed Assault and have played it properly before you will see Arma 2 is a huge improvement over Armed Assault. If you are reading this without ever playing Armed Assault then it may not sound like a greatest game of all time but I would seriously suggest you take a good look at ArmA2. Its not like any FPS or Tactical shooter out there. Its better.

I'll start this with some facts. The test machines were pretty good spec. I would say slightly above what I would call "average" within my circle of gamers (I checked the DXDiag settings myself).
My own system is pretty similar to the demo PC's but with 8gb of RAM and a EVGA8800GT-KO so I am quite confident that I have a feel for how ArmA2 will run on my own rig. One of the BIS guys did mention that he runs ArmA 2 on his E6400 (2.13GHz) and it runs far smoother than Armed Assault does. And based on what I've seen I don't have any concerns.

System specifications:

- Windows XP 32bit
- Core2Duo 8400 @3Ghz (not overclocked)
- 3Gb of RAM
- Nvidia 9800GTX+ Graphics
--------------------------

The review tone gets better and better. I am totally sold on this game. Just hope it doesn't turn out like a bad movie.033

Back