Appealing my ban

SB_KOTA

Ethinic words & Racial slurs will not be lifted. We don't care why or with who you used it with. Only in a unique situation a ban such as this may be lifted,false positives for example. Donations for ban lift not offered

What is your in game ALIAS(es):* SB_KOTA

Which game is it?:* Insurgency 2014

Your Steam ID: 76561198067883737

Server name that you were banned on** TBGCLAN.COM - SKIRMISH! ALL MAPS | RANKING NO LAG #### TBGCLAN.COM - SKIRMISH! ALL MAPS | RANKING NO LAG ##

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** 8:15 pm 09/06/17

Admin that banned you (If you remember) unknown

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. message says bypassing racial slur filter

Any additional comments you would like to add? Hi, I am assuming this ban is for this comment: May 31, 2017 3:52:39 pm chinaman dont stop span killing

FYI: Causing trouble during your ban appeal may extend your ban to all our servers. You've been warned.
And again deliberate slurs will NEVER BE LIFTED including any attempt to troll or test the filter. We dont care or why. Our house our rules! The rules and punishment in the server are very clear. Only false positives or legit context will be lifted.
Yes

This is directed for everyone. Do not respond to ban appeal threads unless you are able to provide pertinent information (or assist the situation), admin involved and/or banned player.

If so I would like to offer context to this comment.
May 31, 2017 3:52:42 pm 25
SB_KOTA its gr8
May 31, 2017 3:52:40 pm 49
KILLARY'S FURY so true
May 31, 2017 3:52:39 pm 25
SB_KOTA chinaman dont stop span killing
May 31, 2017 3:52:33 pm 1,444
此情此景我想吟诗一首! :D
Over voice chat someone was telling the player with the chinese characters to stop spawn killing.
I wished to encourage him, in the moment I was typing fast and did not know what to call him so I called him the above.
If his name had been symbols I would have called him symbolman. You get the idea.

The word was not meant to be a slur. I will not pretend I dont know what it means, when going over my chat log it seemed obvious, but in the moment it was the first thing I thought of that could be used as his name. I have 7days played on the server and am well aware of the rules and their enforcement. Please believe if I had thought I was using a slur I would have not used that word. I know I dont deserve any special treatment, but I hope you will give me the benefit of the doubt.

Wow, this is embarasing. I am able to join the server...
Sorry for wasting your time. I heard that I may be banned and assumed this was it.

I was kicked again after about 10 minutes of play. Now I am confused.

Last edited:
I'll piggy back this. Kota is a fellow regular and I've never seen him use a racial slur in or out of context. I also took the liberty of checking all his chat logs and they're all clean other than the above mentioned thing which I don't think is a slur.

Is it possible to see if a player with niba in his name was on at that time? I vaguely remember typing that after someone blew up a cache or something, I am almost sure it is part of a players name.

Is it possible to see if a player with niba in his name was on at that time? I vaguely remember typing that after someone blew up a cache or something, I am almost sure it is part of a players name.

Thats what I was thinking as well. I looked at days and days of your chats, and being racist, is totally out of character for you.. I'm lifting.

Thank you very much, I am grateful. I will be far more careful when shortening players names to avoid something like this happening.

quick edit: I found him

username: ✪ we the best nibba

Last edited:
Back