Anyone want a Dual Xeon 8 core 16 thread server with 48 GB of ram? LOL

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
This is one of those "COOL" moments that ends with me throwing the fucking thing in the trash.

26177890_1534455263296901_592054133_o.jpg

26177703_1534455283296899_838128609_o.jpg

26236090_1534455426630218_2053593289_o.jpg

I would likely let it go for the value of the ram. I actually have 3 of these.

How much? You have 3x?

I have two identical ones and then I have an HP Proliant that i have to open up but it should be similar kit. All three have HBA's and 2.5 inch sata back planes. Redundant power supplies. Have a dozen or so drive cages for the cisco units but none for the HP. I will check all of it out more thoroughly when I get time.

I think the biggest issue is shipping them. I will talk with our owner about how cheap I can make them disappear for. But I would say make me an offer. To me they aren't worth more than the parts I can throw on ebay.

The HP appears to be less interesting than previously thought. The HBA is integrated and while it shipped with 12GB of ram it looks like not all of it is there.

If only I didn't just spend a bunch of monies on new homelab gear :|

As it turns out the HP has one redeeming quality. It has a 6 core 12 thread xeon in it. Only the one so once again this thing is stripped. But I can get another, maybe drop them in the cisco instead.

Going through a refresh? I run B200's, all chassis systems.

Weren't ours originally. These were acquired in a disposition probably a year ago. Just like my 2015 HP ZBook. People just throw this shit out in working condition. Some of it gets labeled for destruction, some for donation, others not specified.

Weren't ours originally. These were acquired in a disposition probably a year ago. Just like my 2015 HP ZBook. People just throw this shit out in working condition. Some of it gets labeled for destruction, some for donation, others not specified.

How's the ZBook? We're a dell shop for user hardware, so I don't get to play around with other stuff too often.

Would be tempting to use to redo my PLEX server. But for the effort/Cost I might as go with plex cloud.

How's the ZBook? We're a dell shop for user hardware, so I don't get to play around with other stuff too often.

Considering I was in the market for something at the time, I was happy to find it. Not as powerful as what I was going to get. It's a Gen 1 with the i7-4800MQ. Came with 16GB of ram I have 28 in it at the moment. The single drive bay is a let down coming from my gaming laptop but I could always pull the optical out. I put an SSD in it because I couldn't stand having a mechanical drive. The GPU is a Quadro K2100M which is barely like a 750M so not playing too many games on it.

I dont have the right dock for it. I have the 2012 Advanced docking station (120 watt) with a 230 watt power adapter on it (maximum amperage is within spec so I assume this isn't abnormal). But it calls for the 2015 version of the advanced dock which has USB 3, etc. If I boot the laptop up on the dock I lose one of the 2 GPU's (forget which one). But if I boot it up then put it on the dock it functions fine...

I got it from an office cleanout for HP Enterprise.

Would be tempting to use to redo my PLEX server. But for the effort/Cost I might as go with plex cloud.

That's actually what I am thinking of getting it for. I am a little afraid for my power bill. But basically dual gen 1 i7's to start out with will kick my plex server's core 2 quads ass. Then drop hexacores in it later.

Back