Anyone play Race Driver: Grid?

Soldier4Real

I picked this game up over the weekend on Steam for $30. It's a little bit older but the graphics are quite good and the game is very addictive. I'm still trying to get the single player "career" mode down before I venture into multiplayer. It's a really fun game but definitely difficult, even on the default settings. If you mess up it's not forgiving at all, though there is a flashback feature where you can rewind the instant replay and continue from before you crashed. But the caveat is you only get 4 "flashbacks" per race and the more you use the less bonus money you get after completing the race.

Older? Are you kidding? It just came out like 6 months ago didn't it?

It's a really fun game. I've been playing some Test Drive Unlimited lately and craving some other driving sim ownage (was thinking of reinstalling Richard Burns Rally really or GTR 2), so I might give GRID another go.

It's a very solid driving sim.

I say a little bit older because it was released in June. Btw it has a Steam rating of 87 which we all know is pretty good.

Ya it's by codemasters, and they've released quite a few A+ driving sim titles (Toca 2 was epic for example).

GRID, Burnout Paradise, rFactor (If you really can't get enough Sim type racing games) -- All great games :).

Blur trailer surprisingly in focus

Activision made Blur, its new racing game by Bizarre Creations (the developers of the Project Gotham Racing series), official when it announced on Tuesday that the game will arrive on store shelves for the XBox 360, PS3 and PCs this fall. Hot on the heels of being deemed officially official, the game has now gotten its first trailer, which can be viewed after the jump.

We've been jonesing for another good racing game ever since Gran Turismo 5 Prologue dropped and we wore out our GRID discs. Blur appears to be something quite unexpected – not a racing sim, but rather a racing game that looks like PGR with the ability to harness Jedi powers and knock other cars off the road with lightning bolts. Hey, we're just going by the trailer here. It's even been described by some as Forza meets Mario Kart, so we're definitely eager for our blogging buddies from Joystiq to attend E3 and bring back more details, but until then, follow the jump to watch the trailer.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/21/blur-trailer-races-into-clear-view/

Back