Any driving simulator enthusiasts in the closet at TBG?

HeatSurge

I reinstalled Test Drive Unlimited lately, and I wanna play some Grid and GTR-2 and possibly live for speed or something, but I'm tired of the shitty precision from my logitech rumblepad 2, so I'm kinda looking at wheels to play driving simulators with... possibly to get something in the next few months.

Has anyone played with one or does anyone have one? I'm wondering what you think about it.

I guess what's considered the premium is the Logitech G25. I found one that's even more expensive, $480 - it's a "porsche 911" design with a belt force feedback and aluminum pedals and all... but that's too expensive. I'm looking for $200-ish max... so I might have to do the G25.

BTW the porsche one is from fanatec.de...

Anyone have the G25, or played with one? How was it?

The only thing I'm sure I'll hate about it is that sans the shifters, there's nothing on the wheel itself as far as buttons go...

Wheel controllers suck total mega balls. Dont waste your money on them. If you want the real thing then save up and get the real thing. Hell you can get a "good" car like a Chevy Cobalt SS for a good price and have a shitload of fun.

I've looked at rFactor. I'm also eyeing live for speed. They both look pretty interesting. When/if I get an actual wheel I'll try them out.

I'm kinda leaning towards the logitech momo... not because it's great, actually it's a cheapo plastic crap that apparently loses alignment occasionally and breaks apart after a few months usually... but because it's relatively cheap and widespread... so I might do that.

As far as getting an actual car... yeah it's better lol, but a simulator has many benefits as you will surely agree... first it's free to drive, you don't get fined by the cops or have to pay closed track fees, you don't have to pay for gas, you can drive an infinite amount of cars as fast as you want without fear of crashing one and fear for your life, etc...

Of course it's not real, but it's still lots of fun!

Back