ANy advantage to Directx 10 with BF2142?

PGAwannaBE

I have BFG 7800gt in SLI (cards are only directx9). I get no lag in gaming, but I seen Crysis in directx 10 and it brings tears to my eyes from its awsomeness. Is there a visual diference in the game with Directx 10? I am not looking at needing a gaming advantage, just the looks of the game.

Thanks.
From Appleton Wisconsin.

BF2142 player name: GovnaSaraPalin.

You rock, thanks for the quick reply! I got an answer in here in 1 hour. It's been 2 weeks and EASupport said they will get back to me.

While it doesn't support DX10, getting a newer card than the 7800GT's might give you benefits from the unified shaders though, as well as generally faster overall... 7800GT -> 8800 GT or 9800 GT = HUGE change. I used to have a 7900 GT and going to a 8800 GTX (initially) was like... amazing.

And if you buy a GTX 260 core 216 (or I recommend waiting for the upcoming GTX 275 which will be a 285 with a bit slower memory bus which shouldn't impact performance hardly at all except at very high (past 1080p) resolutions, it comes out mid April at the latest per very reliable rumors), it will easily outperform your dual 7800 GT's in most if not all situations and resolutions.

Better get a 1920x1200 monitor at least though, otherwise it's not really worth it to get a GTX260 or better... unless you play crysis. That is probably still THE only game which those cards don't run well at high/highest settings.

I don't know roth; I am running vista 64 w/o problems and my frame rate jumped almost 100 fps when I sli'd my gtx 260

30 fps for a 8800gt sounds about right....try CO4 that game support sli

I have CoD4 and have since it came out. I only have about 12 hours played online. I love the single player and may have to play again but the multiplayer just doesn't do it for me.

Back