Amazing Tsunami footage..

Duke

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NjDiD9cnRGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yet again disappointed wheres the freaking tsunami. That still looks like a bad day on the mississippi maybe times 3. The destruction was massive but the videos suck.

I think I actually saw the same area shot from the building across?

Yet again disappointed wheres the freaking tsunami. That still looks like a bad day on the mississippi maybe times 3. The destruction was massive but the videos suck.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you get some kind of twisted pleasure out of watching thousands of people die? im going to stop typing now before i say something ill regret.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you get some kind of twisted pleasure out of watching thousands of people die? im going to stop typing now before i say something ill regret.

No I do not but to that I would have to ask if the people who run around posting videos with titles that say "HEY WATCH THIS". No offense Duke, but this is just discussing my reaction to a title of a video which obviously was in the original title not just this posting.

Every video I see is of massive flooding. I have yet to even see a decent impact wave, though this might be terrain related. I was disappointed in the TITLE. I also cant say I saw anyone die I read about it. Only private sources would ever post something that twisted as news source would not show it, not here anyways. Surely there is something somewhere not obvious in nearly all of these videos. The only odd thing I have seen out of all of this was the flaming debris on moving water. That was almost crazy yet of course easily explainable.

Well Yay I can see i made my first good impression here hooray for a socially deficient autistic mess in my head. Ill be going now lol.

This is all he wanted guys, skip to :50 in the video to see it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxQSJj3pypA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO Supra yeah thats a bit unrealistic for an earth quake driven tsunami. I was only expecting something maybe 3 or 4 stories tall. I didn't watch the news that day and have only seen what I have seen from looking up videos. The only person I know from the region is currently and still on vacation in germany.

I saw a good series of before and after aerials that give an idea of the before and after someone on the photography site I am on posted up forget the source now. I just keep expecting to see video of a moderate coastal impact everytime I open one of these up.

LMAO Supra yeah thats a bit unrealistic for an earth quake driven tsunami. I was only expecting something maybe 3 or 4 stories tall.

That ones was caused by a comet. Sorry but if we area all going to die, I would rather be hit by a comet than and stupid irritating earthquake. Better to get totally wiped out in a aw inspiring event that you can witness before the lights go out than a the ground just shaking and shit that takes years to recover from if ever, totally lame. Bring on the comets bitches!

i think you fail to understand the shear amount of water that passed through in this video, tsunamis are not always a wall of water, but they can still cause devastation.

The tsunami that hit Japan was a wall of water at times exceeding the speed of a commercial airliner and a height of 30 feet. By the time it actually hit the coast the wall was around 13 feet high and slowed considerably. The video Duke posted also appears to be more inland such as a bay so that's why it's more of a flooding than a devastating wave. I imagine anything that actually got hit by the mass wasn't left to leave a recording.

I imagine anything that actually got hit by the mass wasn't left to leave a recording.

That's what I was thinking. I finally found one photo that might be what I was expecting to see after doing some more searching when this discussion came up. The article mentioned something about Japanese coast guard footage. I guess I have yet to see that but the article also made no mention of how the Japanese coast guard faired.

i think you fail to understand the shear amount of water that passed through in this video, tsunamis are not always a wall of water, but they can still cause devastation.

Oh I am sure its far worse than I can imagine and still far worse than anything I have experienced. The destruction in that video alone is nearly inescapable by any means and even those on top of buildings are in danger of the building collapsing.

I sorta wish to move west of I95 but then again too terribly far and your in tornado country. There just is no escaping natural disasters is there...

Don't know if you guys have seen this video, but it's unbelievable.

YouTube -

But the good news about this is the driver survived.

What was amazing for me about this video was to watch the volume of water make its way inland. And yes, if I was the person shooting this video I would have been a little uneasy to say the least.

I grew up in the Quad Cities on the Mississippi river and witnessed several "100 year floods" and the comparison to this is ridiculous. That video looked like a major river that was made to flow backwards by a factor of 10. The energy shown in just this small area is difficult to comprehend if you are expecting a Hollywood cgi effect.

Back