Alienware's M18x

Bob369963

Ban Manager/Moderator
Alienware's M18x: a beautiful beast for the gamer on the go

By Michael Gorman posted Apr 12th 2011 2:49PM

A sneak peek from the Great White North showed us Alienware's new mobile gaming flagship, but now we've got the real specs and a whole gaggle of pretty pics for you to drool over. It turns out the M18x has a massive 18.4-inch 1920 x 1080 Full HD display, an Intel Core i7 Extreme chip overclocked to a frag-tastic 4GHz, your choice of AMD CrossFireX or NVIDIA SLI graphics, up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM, a 3D-capable HDMI 1.4 port, WirelessHD for the cable-averse crowd, and five macro-programmable keys wrapped in a otherworldly anodized aluminum shell. We're still not sure when you'll be able to get your hands on one, but we do know it can't get here soon enough. Would-be alien abductees can catch a glimpse of their new overlord in the gallery below -- not to worry, no neuralizer's included.

[Thanks, Thatoe]

I'm not a big fan of 18" shell for a laptop a 17" is plenty big enough and heavy enough to carry; but, that thing is loaded. Bad thing about laptops is that you cannot upgrade. I built this laptop:
OCZ DIY 17" Gaming Notebook - Intel - ATI CrossFire Edition *EOL - OCZ
I put two 320GB Hard Drives and a QX9300 quad core processor; it is the same as M17 alienware laptop; but built it for half the price at the time. dual graphics to boot. It's nice to have a powerhouse when I travel.

A buddy of mine has one of those Alienware Laptops (not the new one, last years model), if I remember correctly he spent almost $2500 for it (after he added a few things, he got it at Alienware) . Nice but no way I'd ever pay that much but a damn nice Laptop.

Although he does get a bit peeved when he see's me playing BF2 on my cheapy $400 Comsmack, err Compaq.

Back