Air War

D

Diry-Lex

This chick has set up a truly epic data base and game servers that are really fucking cool.

She modded all kinds of stuff for 2142 and it is fucking sweet, I dropped her an invitation to play w/ us as well as to join TBG, from what I ve read she can be an amazing asset to our community.

Check out her website.

ps if your a Pilot you'll think this is awesome.

*Soulzz you have to see this

http://www.air-war.org/

and no rick rolls I promise.

doesnt look to bad. the gunship looks better then the one in BF2

LOL... this is true, there's always at least 6 to 10 gunships in the air tangling in a life or death strugle on my server... it can get really insanely intense to track and prioritize all these... and then you have my modified air transports dropping carpet bombs and parachuters all over the place, and paragliderss taking pot shots at you with heat seeking starburst rockets and so on.

Bows to you... thanks for the compliments... I'm tickled pink... yes, I take my gunship love seriously on the BF2142 demo side... I setup my server because I couldn't stand in line waiting to get the gunship or chase now some noob who had stolen it with the transport and kill him on the head like I was playing old school Joust..

I actually started developing a modded BF2142 full game version of my mod with unlimited multispawning gunships and ran it for a while just so I could enjoy all the fabulous maps the full game has to offer, but being that there are 1000+ BF2142 servers, it was impossible to catch anyone's attention with it. My impression was that everyone in the full game only cared about racking up 'rank' to get 'unlocks', and so would not be attracted to playing on an unranked heavily modded server.

The demo community is a different environment... there are no ranking or unlocks to work for, unless you actually program a ranking system yourself from scratch which is difficult. The demo, of course, is the same map and weapons over and over again, so what my players go crazy for is new weapons and mods you invent that totally jack up and spice up the game and take it to a whole new level. The emphasis is on fun and becoming hardcore killing machines. If you have the full game, download the demo version, you can have have both installed on your computer at the same time which gives you access to ALL the Bf2142 servers.

I also 'went backwards in time for me' and modded a BF2 maps, but again there are thousands of BF2 servers, and quite a few BF2 helicopter demo servers as well. So Adding yet another helicopter BF2 demo server was nothing special. So again I retreated back to the BF2142 demo community.

I don't much play anymore, I just pop into my two servers which oddly still remain wildly popular, to check on things and do some silly things. When you've played a million games, you become jaded, *but* I've put so much work into my servers in the past to rev them up for an insanely intense gaming experience, I hate to pull the plug on them.

I briefly started designing my own 3d game using C++ and Leadwerks 3d real physic environment, but that's on the backburner for the moment, I have to get a job myself asap, and I think with the economy tanking there are no jobs for amateur game designer enthusiast types like me... and definately not where I live.. they are all in California and I don't really want to live there.

I haven't been on your server yet but I'll check it out next time I fire up BF2142 fullgame... if you ever need some help with some code just holler at me... email is the best way.

CHOPPERGIRL
choppergirl @ air-war.org

I wonder what the quality of pilots is there, should be interesting.

Thanks for stopping by, definitely come play w. us. I downloaded the demo ver. and im gonna check out your servers

theres a lot of us here top 100 easy if not top 50... it could get messy there.

so we need to install the demo of 2142 and connect to your IP then? ill get a copy downloading.

====================================================================

You don't have to remember any server IP; just download the BF2142 demo
( http://download.air-war.org for a list of download links around the net) from
anywhere, install it, and uncheck the "punkbuster servers only" box and click
on the Server tabs and you'll see two AIRWAR servers... if you can, connect
to the 26 player server as its more fun than the 16 player server. There's never
more than 15 demo servers so you'll have no problem finding my server inside
the demo game.

SOME FUN THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHILE PLAYING ON AIRWAR

The first thing you'll notice, is the the gunships respawn and fast;
no more waiting in line for a gunship; theoretically you could have
as many gunships in the air as players on the server (26), but in
practice not everyone flies all at the same time. Sometimes its
quiet with 3-4 gunships flying around, sometimes its crazy (like
in the evenings when all the armchair junkies get off work and
come home to their puters) there'll be junk falling all out of the sky
everywhere. The best I can compare or describe it is would be like
the Star Wars dogfights between Xwings and Tie Fighters in 3d space
when things get hardcore crazy.

The second thing you'll probably notice, is the air transports are
bombers; they drop these exploding lighting bombs which light up
the landscape.

The third thing you'll probably notice, is the rocket launchers no
longer shoot 1(4) rockets, but shoot a cluster of 16, which heat seek
on air targets. I.e., a downed pilot on the ground can take out
a gunship who is closing in on the kill.

The fourth thing you'll probably notice, is there is a *lot* of
battlefield wreckage all over my battlefield... at the end of the
game the server looks like a warzone has happened here... as it
should be!

Other mods to watch for:

Rattlesnake Poison Pill Jeeps which deploy poison gas
Waterproof Walkers & Alligator Tanks
One Shot One Kill 50 cal Sniper Rifles
Double Tap Cop Killer Pistols
Extra Rooftop AA batteries & Lasar Cannons
Boosted Pod Power for Elite Pod Surfing Kills
Ghost Shadows of Dead Players to highlight Kits

For a full list of mods visit|http://airwar.air-war.org

For all you gunship pilots, gunships (other than having the
tracking bug fixed) haven't been modified in one single way...
other than multi respawning fast, they perform exactly as stock.
So if you want to be dangerous in them, you still need to know
how to seat jump.

SOME BASICS ON THE EXTRA MODS - HOW TO'S
(basically use your standard fire button & WASD):

To drop bombs from the air transport press fire button (horn)

To drop poison gas from the Jeep press fire button (horn)

The Air Transports drop paratroopers instead of pods, so you'll have
to hit spacebar to deploy parachute when jumping out.

To open parachute press SPACEBAR then drive with your standard WASD keys
Use Forward to go forward and down, backwards to go backwards and up

You can also eject out of a pod in the air with E|As it nears the
top of its arc

You can drive over the exploding crates with a hovertank, and it
will blow your tank into the air.

Server is open TOTAL WAR
No hacks or glitching are allowed, however, there are
NO RULES WHATSOEVER REGARDING COMBAT

IE, Pod surfing allowed; Jeep Jihading allowed; EMP and sniping allowed
Air ramming and vehicle crashing allowed; Bunny hopping allowed
Titan roof camping allowed; Base raping allowed

We play hardcore, if you can kill someone inside
the game using any tactic with an unmoidified client, its a valid kill

And of course, have fun, that's what its all about. I love to play BF2142 just like you ;-)

I like the way she hhinks; its a nice twist on the "same ol"; Nice job by the way.

Very interested!!!! I like the hang-gliding infantry! I laugh just thinking about it.

Well, I played three rounds or so on the server tonight...

Apart from having a lot of gunships (at almost every flag/silo) and them spawning every 5 seconds I have to say there are other changes which are really really bad imo.

In order of annoyance: The sudnik has been overpowered like nothing else against gunships, at least at closer ranges - think of it as a shotgun in your face (but without having to aim). This isn't too big of a deal because it's kind of useless from further away. However, I noticed plenty of people actually going UP in parachutes (yes, up also known as away from the ground) and being able to float endlessly in midair. This wouldn't be too much of a problem (apart from not being able to kill a pilot who jumped out because he's floating back to his own titan or to the other side of the map at 500 height)... but the REALLY annoying problem appears when the floating infantry starts firing the overpowered sudnik at gunships... It's ridiculous.

Other things that I noticed which I considered annoying:
Pistols kill with 2 shots. Sniper rifle kills with 1 shot (I think, I actually didn't try it but it seemed to do so to me). TV vs walker has been nerfed: only hurts it to about 25% so it happily continues walking around and shooting you down after a successful TV. I experienced numerous tracking issues against gunships both on EU and PAC. Sometimes missiles would not track at all (repeatedly) until gunship was changed for another!! Tracking against transports has been removed BTW - gotta hit them spot on. I didn't notice any difference in "adjusted hitboxes" at all. PAC still licks balls.

Base raping is commonplace on the server BTW. There are plenty of dumbasses who take the bombarding transports (the ammo and rate at which they bombard is endless btw - as fast as you can press the key) over the bases and just bombard away.

Overall, the modification should've been kept to just more gunships and respawning faster imo. Maybe the sudnik too, but I think the parachute being able to float upwards is an epic failure.

I don't think I'll ever play on the server again but it was fun for 5 minutes...

lol tell her how you really feel heat :p

I played a few rounds as well and my oppinion is a little different,

I love the fact that you can now guide the parachute, it makes its ALOT easier to escape or maneuver if you get shot down especially in the thick of an armored column.

I think it would be way better if you allowed global unlocks in the game because its kinda hard to assault a titan with no grenades lol. or RDX. I would have loved to shotgun that noob in the face, who was killing me with hacker accusations lol.

as far as gunship combat went, I flew EU and PAC equally and I noticed that the TV missle on the EU gs would fail alot, or completely not fire, which allmost %100 of TBG solo TV's its tough lol. other than that, I felt that the PAC gs although its missle tracking system sucks a wad could maneuver pretty well and not have any problem with TVM's.
it was a lot of fun.
In conclusion:

the only things that I suggest to add are:
- unlocks
-1.5 gunship missle tracking systems aka (the slow down swirl)
- grenades lol.

other than that I loved it, it was complete and utter chaos and it was fucking awesome and I cant wait for TBG to fill up the server and let loose

Ok i have tried every single link to her page and i cant get a single one to work?

dl the demo.. sounds like to much work and i am lazy meh ill get around to it just not today

It's a gigabyte and takes 5 minutes to install... then again you have to update punkbuster just in case, restart it to apply the video settings, then wait for the damn shaders to build. If you have custom keys you have to do that too and shit... altogether it will probably take you about 20 minutes to get it up and running up to par. It's kinda worth it to see what is possible with server-side modifications. Kinda fun to mess around with, although I can't see myself playing it unless specifically with TBG people or something...

I remember a mod on CoD2 where they made a map of operation barbarosa u could get in tanks and apcs ect... yes on CoD u could use armor it was awsmoness... as long as u were in the armor lol

Back