Actually going forward and getting a new system [PIC added]

This is my new best friend. He's cool.
dq77mk_bios_configuration_jumper.PNG

(recovery jumper on Intel boards)

Definitely not touching clock options for anything other than the fans until I have another board.

i72600k explanation: HYPERTHREADING means A LOT in games like Cities Skylines, the leap from i5 3570 was 750% for just the framerate alone.

Also, should I get another board, the 2600k allows for quite a bit of OC

BF1 tested, runs smooth at 1440p ultra, smooth as silk at 1080p ultra.

BF1 test video:

How come your work station doesn't score better?

Hyperthreading is not it.

Disabling hyperthreading lowered the workstation score and increased gaming & desktop scores(which actually makes sense as workstations utilize hyperthreading heavily and pretty much the only game that makes use of it is Cities:Skylines): http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3119526

Last edited:
How come your work station doesn't score better?

I believe that it is the RAM that is clocked down to 1333 from 1600 due to the limitations of my Q77 chipset, paired with the "poor-ish" performance of the SSD(no clue about this).

I believe that it is the RAM that is clocked down to 1333 from 1600 due to the limitations of my Q77 chipset, paired with the "poor-ish" performance of the SSD(no clue about this).
That could be it and the 850 250gb doesn't perform as well as the 850 500gb or M2 NVME drives. But I'm betting it's a combination that is more or less limited by your motherboard more than anything.

Back