A nerdy dream of mine came true today!

Irish

Retired Founder
Retired Founder
As many of you know *COUGH* @Ghstops6 *COUGH* I am a huge Back to the Future and Sci-Fi fan. The Boston Museum of Science has a Temporary Exhibit called "POPnology." A fusion of science fiction and science fact in the celebrating and exploring the greatest works of innovation and imagination in history. Today I had the Incredible opportunity to go and see this special exhibit. It was amazing to see all of the crazy Techie things there. Anything and everything you can imagine. But what really caught my eye was the Back to the Future section.

These items were SCREEN USED. Not just standard props, but actually used in the movies. Including the Delorean! I was awestruck the minute I walked in, and I never wanted to leave. Lol. All of the BTTF items are from a private collection from a family only 15 minutes away from me! I think I may know the family so I am going to check it out further. I wanted to share this awesome adventure with you all!

https://goo.gl/photos/2CSD9LAR9anLKxBP8

Wow, that looks amazing, even just as pictures. Must have been incredible to see that in real life, thank you for sharing.

I couldn't help but notice that they had an actual recreation of your current TBG admin office on display too. :)

Irish's office.jpg

It was truly an incredible experience for me. BTTF (As well as many other things) is what started me down the path for my love of science, technology and cinema. Fun fact, I almost went to film school to pursue a career in filmmaking with a close friend of mine.

It's a prop builder's wet dream to see a lot of the items used in film. Especially the 1955 Time machine from BTTF III, with the Volkswagen chassis. Wish the owners where available near the car so you could ask some questions over how they acquired it.

I know there are several people from the Replica Prop Forum who are building some of the prop replicas from the hoverboard to Doc's sleep EZ device.

Totally jealous.

I actually found the website for the guy that owns all of the BTTF props. His Delorean 1 replica was used on Jimmy Kimmel when Doc and Marty arrived in the future. So I emailed him to see is he offers private viewings.

http://88mphtimemachine.com/index.php

Dude that sounds awesome to see. Reminds me when Universal Studios had the BTTF ride in Orlando with all the props..

UPDATE!

So I emailed the owner of the BTTF collection. This is his response!

"Hi Jim

Thanks for your very kind words. They are a source of motivation to continue to do what we do! Just this week, we finished our Jurassic Park "screen accurate tribute" Jeep #12.

We do offer periodic tours of our collection of BTTF and other movie memorabilia at our farm in Hubbardston. We ask for a $25 per person donation on the day of the tour. You are welcome to bring a check with you and make the payment out to the Michael J. Fox Foundation as 100% of the proceeds go the Team Fox. We would then send the check to them so it would be credited to our "Team Fox" goal for 2017. We have averaged over $10,000 per year for the past five years. We can accommodate up to eight people on the tour.

If you liked what you saw at the museum, you'll be blown away by what else we have in our collection.

We are very tied up for the next two months but an evening or weekend day in November would be good.

Thanks again for your enthusiastic email.

Bill and Patrick Shea"

Needless to say. I'm booking an appointment. Lol.

Man, I'm disappointed.

I thought with nerdy dream come true you finally had sex with two midgets dressed in Star Trek uniforms.

Here's how he warmed up until the second midget showed up for the party.

Back