700 HP C7 Hennessey Stingray hits 200 MPH on a Texas Toll Road

Youtube version has the same title not a hard find. Actually searched EZ Tag 200 mph to find it lol

What I want to know is if the system worked. I guess the answer is no since they didn't bother to show anything related. The camera did hit him on a low speed pass coming back... I wonder why.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B-gzNi6MRwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Yep. I didn't search it through YouTube.. I should have.. I googled it and looked under videos and found nada.

The Race version of the C6 will do 190. But, they had to nitro the C7 to do 200. I'm Not impressed.

Interesting - 0-100 is about 8 seconds.

Nos happens at about 150mph...

Be critical and watch how he is stuck at about 195-197 and then there is a dip in the road that pushes the car over the 200 mark. After the 200.6 he can't maintain that for long... I wonder what the theoretical max is for this car (aerodynamics).

Still impressive is going 200mph and driving the car with one hand with stock suspension!

Can't believe he did that shit with a shoulder belt and not a Harnessey. 200 even with nitrous is a major landmark in vehicle speed, and honestly it's very difficult to hit 200 with just 700HP. If they dropped the suspension an inch or so they could probably do it without nitrous. Lingenfelter used to make 1000HP monsters that couldn't do 200. I don't like the design one bit though, Corvettes aren't supposed to have sharp angles, leave that shit to the Italians. They are supposed to be curvy, rounded off and smooth, nothing like this new Stingray although the blue and the grey paintjobs do a good job of taking the edges off.

I don't like the look of them. I'm a fan of Vipers as far as "American-style" sports cars go.

In person the c7 is much better than video or pictures and is pretty sweet. They did a great job with it but everyone has different tastes. Agreed 200 mph is not easy with drag and all. Wait until they display the c7 z06 in Detroit in January. I am sure that car will be crazy. That will be the top American sports car until the new zr1.

Back