4 year old build, aging?

That's a possibility as well, but this error came when I tried to launch wow... so nothing ever loaded up, at least there was no graphical display on the screen of anything loading up.

So okay, I may be sold on getting the card soon, but the question is then. Is that really what my problem is? I got this error this morning before work... I tried to grab a cap with the snipping tool and got the error below that there wasn't enough free memory. If that's the case, is it possible there's an issue with the slot itself on the mobo? still not turning up any errors testing the RAM.

That error doesn't necessarily suggest anything wrong with the ram. Don't get hung up on the fact that these errors have something to do with memory. Access violations occur when an application tries to access memory that was not addressed to it. The fact that the reference is at 0x0 tells me something cause the application to goof. This just combines with the DPC issue for me. A lot of low level software problems.

Can be a hardware issue but you seriously shouldn't blame the video card just because the display is going nuts. The operating system and low level drivers like those for the chipset are suspect as far as I am concerned. Id walk through it one step at a time before throwing serious hardware at it like a GPU. If you still haven't done a clean install I would be worried about picking up a GPU that you don't need. If you want it thats a different story but you also need to be able to afford whatever is actually broken too. Like the motherboard for example.

I haven't crashed and things have been going well (really well) the last almost 2 weeks... until tonight. No errors, but BF4 is running at or below 10 FPS. I took these two shots incase they help provide some better information than I understand myself.

123.JPG

I manually adjusted the fan to kick it up more and see if it would help anything. It usually runs around 29-30% and thats with BF4 on ultra, and no issues, generally getting 50fps minimum. 10 minutes later, still no real change as i sit there AFK in a corner on metro.
223.JPG

Back