?

I was about to make a "your mom" joke and then I remembered.... damn this memory thing!

Just spitballing here, but I have not fully been sold on the idea. Maybe I am completely wrong, but I would think that the water (or oil, I have heard of it too) would build up heat and then retain some of it. Wouldn't it cool down to a point and then maintain that level? I know that there is a separate radiator that I have seen away from the tower and that just looks like more stuff kicking around to worry about. I feel that my son's system I built is very efficient with multiple fans in the case and a nice heatpipe/radiating fins and fan (Zalman). Never had a heating issue.

I got my cpu watercooled now. Make sure if you do you get GOOD equipment. When I say that I mean like zalman, thermaltake, etc.... Plus Get actual cooling liquid. I myself, I [link=hyperlink url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106108[/link], That is part of my new water cooled system. I havent decided on a water block yet. I went with this size due to the fact both of my video cards, and my cpu is going to be liquid cooled. As long as you maintain your equipment and change your fluid on a regular basis shouldnt have any problems. Or just get a good thermal paste and run a big zalman fan on your cpu. That is what I did on my back up pc and it does great. Yes I am a big zalman fan due to the fact they have NEVER failed me, but it like comparing oranges to apples. Its a personal choice. They also make a drive bay so called ac unit, that is impressive also. I do know of a person that is running one of those and it dropped his temperatures impressively. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

MacN8r brung up some great points. I just wanted to build one LOL. I totaly agree with MacN8r get good fans (Zalman) fan here also, shouldnt have to much to worry about. As long as your pc has a good air flow through it and then I do beleive zalman fans can still keep it cool.

I would keep the pc plugged in to the wall... then you just poor water on the case. Instant cool down.

I had a CoolerMaster AquaGate Mini. Its now off the market. The closest looking to the one I had was the Swiftech H2O-120-Compact CPU Liquid Cooling Kit.
yhst-24067115789173_2052_45085236

It mounted like this.
yhst-24067115789173_2052_45245062

[quote1241817658=MacN8r]
Just spitballing here, but I have not fully been sold on the idea. Maybe I am completely wrong, but I would think that the water (or oil, I have heard of it too) would build up heat and then retain some of it. Wouldn't it cool down to a point and then maintain that level? I know that there is a separate radiator that I have seen away from the tower and that just looks like more stuff kicking around to worry about. [/quote1241817658]

In that case I'm removing my radiator from my truck; on another note I'm going to add watercooling to vid cards(2x 4870x2's). My computer room is sitting a cool 70+ with the temp around 60's outside...summer time is not going to fun at this pace.

That liquid cooling kit that ericstenger posted has basically the same performance as a big CPU air cooler for less price usually and the same noise level... I prefer the latter.

Back