1.51 Killed 2142

Supra

Ever since the pre patch, then this new patch, its killed the population on all our servers and the rest of the 2142 servers that are out there. I wish they never released. I really miss tearing it up on Suez with you guys.

Well, it sucks that Dice screwed up and told everybody that Beta 2 was the final version and then all of a sudden, they have to release a new one.

But I think TBG's servers will pick up tomorrow once every other server is updated as well. ;)

It happens everytime a patch comes out. A drop in population for maybe less than two weeks then it goes back to normal after everybody patches the game.

Well part of the issue is EA not making the patch mandatory. Users need to login and get a message that they're using an older version. Additionally they need to ensure all RSPs update their servers. Without those things you'll always have a split community.

You guys should leave a 1.5 server up with like just 8 slots on it or something and name it "TBGClan.com Our Servers Have Updated to 1.51!"

Patience little buddy. Its like this every upgrade. When it is a mandatory upgrade we will be booming again O ye of little faith. There's a million people just as anxious as you to get back to BF2142. After all what else are they going to play? BC2 was an epic failure and sucks King Kong balls.

seems like many are confused. 1.51 is still not made mandatory. Yes the community is split. Lots of lazy bums who don't want to DL the latest patch. Eventually all GSPs will be required to release the new server patch.

What I am not getting is those who think we got hit hard by this is completely oblivious to the situation. We are true multi gaming community and we got such excellent policies and procedures that many like to follow the same concept. When we had arma 2 we were ranked 1st, when we had 2 call of duty servers both ranked 2nd and 3rd. We have 2 excellent bf2 servers and 2 excellent bc2 servers. 2142 will come around again given its not compulsory to upgrade yet. So there really isn't a concern here. I am sure with the game available on steam in 2 weeks for dirt cheap should only re-jevenate it. We go by variety and demand within our community. HOS and Homefront coming to TBG in the near future. You can have a billion servers for 1 game but means nothing really. That being said, along with excellent admins and a community that is actually very pro-active against cheaters, this is what makes TBG unique from the rest!

Back