‘Reality slap’ photo puts first lady’s hashtag activism in brutal perspective [pic]

It's just a way for people to think they are doing good for a cause they can truthfully do little to nothing to support.

So-called 'Hashtag Activism' is a viable option when it comes to things on the home front. Bringing buzz on social media in a country full of social media can be very effective. But, when one tries to flood social media on one side of the world for something that occurs on the other, a lot can be lost. I cannot expect my retweet from Minnesota to reach people in Nigeria, which I would assume many do not have access to the internet, and very well if they could may not understand what i am even saying.

I am not saying unifying over an issue is a bad thing. Social media has power where it can reach. I give my support to this cause by supporting any of those who would go out there in the field and apprehend these absolute scum of the Earth. Give servicemen a hug, write a letter, be there when they come home. Not all scars are on the skin.

Let us use the power of social media to fix things here at home. Let's be honest, if we don't, it may cost us more to complain on the internet. #NoSlowLane
http://act.boldprogressives.org/sur...=e6-3mo-Internet&t=1&akid=19407.308646.w-eLvv

Back