Still cant play Battlefield

I dealt with this once. The tech came out to my house 5 or 6 times. I think he got tired of coming to my place as much as I was tired of him coming to my place. We never even had sex. Finnally he put in a work order to have the street level connections checked out and that did the trick.

This is a sad scenario! Most techs are on a time budget, so it's difficult for them to check everything in one trip. Depending on their day, they may look for the obvious and if nothing is found they will tell you its all good...this is rare, but keep in mind that these guys are overworked and underpaid! Hate to make it sound so bad, but we had a huge turn over rate with techs.

The work order he is referring to ..is that a tech can schedule a lines man (also called maintenance man) to check your neighborhood for low levels on your street. IF the signal do not fall within spec, they'll need to adjust amplifiers on the line, or SNR signals ect.

As far as a different ISP goes, that's a difficult choice. You could end up with a worse ISP than you have now, especially if yours was working properly. What ever you do, do not! and I repeat...do not! got with any kind of phone line, twisted pair dsl! Most twisted pair lines are very old and have horrible internet. best options are coax or fiber!

Pinging your ISP (as referred by Soulzz) is a good test for slow internet (or dropping packets), but if your dropping total connection (modem drops, not router, but modem) this has to do with your infrastructure in your home or neighborhood!

Last edited:
Still can't play.
I tried running that -t google ping test, but apparently it stops itself once it reaches a certain number of lines. It keeps stopping before my net goes out lol.
Anyways I just called AGAIN yesterday. Now they have me changing the Channel number under the wireless settings of my router from 6, to 11, to 1. 6 didn't work, I'm on 11 now... if it doesn't work, I'll try 1. If THAT doesn't work, me and ole ISP folks is gonna go round again.

Still can't play.
I tried running that -t google ping test, but apparently it stops itself once it reaches a certain number of lines. It keeps stopping before my net goes out lol.
Anyways I just called AGAIN yesterday. Now they have me changing the Channel number under the wireless settings of my router from 6, to 11, to 1. 6 didn't work, I'm on 11 now... if it doesn't work, I'll try 1. If THAT doesn't work, me and ole ISP folks is gonna go round again.

Wait you play BF over wireless? Brave soul. Your machine is wireless? Did you mention that earlier? If you have cable, have you tried plugging your laptop/desktop/toaster directly into your cable modem, instead of using wireless, or even wired to your router? Any improvement etc?

Many cable ISP's have all in one wireless router cable modem units but if you have a separate cable modem, grab an ethernet cable and plug directly in instead of your wireless router, and see how you fair.

Nono. It's a wired connection. The tech support guy swore up and down changing the "Channel" setting under the wireless tab would affect my wired connection somehow, it never did as far as I can tell though. In any case, I've tried his three damn different channels to no effect. They're sending a guy TO my house on Saturday instead of just to the ISP box at the end of my street.

Routers get hot and finickey all the time...
Every problem at my house has been fixed, with a new router.
Borrow a friends, call ISP and update MAC address...see if problem persists.

Routers get hot and finickey all the time...
Every problem at my house has been fixed, with a new router.
Borrow a friends, call ISP and update MAC address...see if problem persists.
If MAC from friends router is on the same ISP have them handy to allow the MAC to be transferred, test it, and then transfer it back without hanging up. Had to do that with Cox.

No need to borrow. I've got the guy coming out Saturday to see whats up with it and he'll replace it if necessary. It's fairly new though, so idk why it'd be messing up

Wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What type of modem do you have? I ask because I've had the same issue before. I had a connection that is Docsis 3. And the company sent me a Docsis 2 modem. It couldn't handle the connection and kept dropping it.

I'm not sure. Some model # of Sagemcom F@ast. It's been able to handle the connection since mid-late last year when I finally got the internet upgrade... maybe it just needs to be replaced. but now apparently I have to wait until next Thursday because I wont be home Tues or Wed b/c of work, but they can't have anyone come out Sunday or Monday before 4pm since I have class late that night....

Fucking hell. One day I'll be able to play battlefield again.....

Sheep I just missed you. Had a call right when you came on TS

ISP guy just showed up at the door. This is how the conversation went\
Guy: You having connection problems gaming or streaming?
Me: Yep, it goes down about every half hour for 10 or so seconds
Guy: Everyone in town is having the same problem.

And then he tells me he'll check the box but there's nothing he can do and then he left. This took about 3 minutes.

Thats horrible

File FCC complaint

FINALLY making some fucking progress!!!! Spoke with the BEST customer service woman by far. She and tier 2 got together and hashed out a potential problem. Because I jumped on the internet upgrade as soon as it became available from my ISP, she said mine missed a firmware? update. So she was able to update it from her end, and said she made a few changes inside my modem. Said to give it as long as it usually takes to drop (sometimes 2-3 times an hour, sometimes only once an hour) and if it happens again, call back ASAP and they'll mail me out a newer model modem for free. Fuckin. Finally. PLEASE WORK.

Back