Finished build. Kind of....

Chocolate_Ch3rry

Admin
Admin
I'll upload pictures sometime tomorrow when I finish setting it all up.
I7-4790k
Asus Maximus Hero Vii z97
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM @ 2400 MHz
Corsair H100i In Push/Pull
Samsung 512GB 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1
EVGA GTX 980 ACX
5 Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans
1 Corsair AF140 Exhaust Fan
4 Corsair SP120 High Performance Fans
Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower Case
Corsair K70 Keyboard Red LED with Blue Switches
Corsair M95 Mouse
Corsair AX 860i PSU
Phillips 144hz Gaming Monitor

Last edited:
Yea, I'm happy. This is my first high end build. Hell it's technically my first "build". I've only owned prebuilt PC's and just upgraded the GPUs etc.

Corsair M65 Mouse
solid mouse. I dig the shit out of it for FPS....RPGs, right side is lacking 2 buttons :/ other than that it is excellent.
Though I have yet to figure out how to get that stinking scope/thumb button to work
you wont be disappointed :)

solid mouse. I dig the shit out of it for FPS....RPGs, right side is lacking 2 buttons :/ other than that it is excellent.
Though I have yet to figure out how to get that stinking scope/thumb button to work
you wont be disappointed :)

Yea, Would have been an issue if I played WoW still. The DPI button on the side works for me on default. I know Corsair does have some software you can download like NVidia Geforce experience. That might help if you want it to work.

I'll upload pictures sometime tomorrow when I finish setting it all up.
I7-4790k
Asus Maximus Hero z97
Corsair H100i
Samsung 512GB 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1
EVGA GTX 970 (Will have my 980 by 2/6/15)
3 Corsair AF120 Red LED Fans
2 Corsair AF140 Red LED Fans
Corsair Carbide Series Spec 01 Case
Corsair K70 Keyboard Red LED with Blue Switches
Corsair M65 Mouse
Corsair HX750 PSU
Phillips 144hz Gaming Monitor
Pics or it didn't happen. :p

I tossed it all together so I could get the updates/installs rolling. Still not to bad looking. I have 2 AF120 Red LED fans still to figure out how the fuck Im going to use them rofl. Seems this board on Amazon is called an ATX when its really a EATX. So I have 0 room.

Looks good. How do you like the Hero MB? I love the one I just installed.

I haven't even messed with it yet. I probably will Wednesday. Got school tomorrow after work and I'm downloading BF4 atm.

I just built pretty much the same setup too! Except I have a shitty R9 280X instead.
I'm skipping buying a vid card till the next gen AMD and Invidia are released.

I just built pretty much the same setup too! Except I have a shitty R9 280X instead.
I'm skipping buying a vid card till the next gen AMD and Invidia are released.
Yeah, it shouldn't be long now and I think the 390x will stomp the current 980 offered by Nvidia.

Yea, It's a nice build. Besides doing the Step-Up program through EVGA to get the 980 I will not be upgrading anything for a long time. I'm well over $2,500 into this build. I don't even want to add up the total $$ amount. lol

@sixer9682 IF you're on tonight around 10:30PM EST I wouldn't mind talking about some of the features the board has. Also is there any software I can download like Geforce Experience to make sure everything is up to date in regards to BIOS etc? Or do I have to do everything manually from the site? Without touching anything my CPU/GPU temps are stupidly low v old setup. So that's awesome. I'll def dip my hands into OCing everything over the weekend when I have time to mess with it.

@sixer9682 IF you're on tonight around 10:30PM EST I wouldn't mind talking about some of the features the board has. Also is there any software I can download like Geforce Experience to make sure everything is up to date in regards to BIOS etc? Or do I have to do everything manually from the site? Without touching anything my CPU/GPU temps are stupidly low v old setup. So that's awesome. I'll def dip my hands into OCing everything over the weekend when I have time to mess with it.
Sorry I didn't talk much while I was playing earlier. My game sounds were drowning out your voice, unfortunately. I blame my soundcard's amp for that :) I didn't see you on TS when I got done but catch me tomorrow if you're on and I'll stop playing to talk so I can hear you this time.

No worries. I played a game of HL and hit the bed. I'll be on tonight after 5PM EST for a few hours, So I'll catch up with you then.

Got the new case. Only things I'll get later on down the road is an extension for one of my fans because I have to run the cord outside the case (as u can see in the new photos). It's no biggie, but something to help clean it up a bit. I'll also need 2 AF120 fans for the bottom as I'm currently running the 2 old SP120s from the h100i again not a huge deal but purely cosmetic to match the other fans. Everything is stupidly cool and I have the CPU @ 4.5 with the default O/C from the MoBo. Will upload photos in a sec.

Edit- Thankfully I was taking new photos. Noticed my 2 bottom fans for my h100i setup in push/pull didn't get plugged in and I had them facing the wrong direction. -_-

Last edited:
Back