F@!%ing Updates to my PC

lol, thanks. I'd be happier with it if I was done working on it...grrrr.

Okay, so I got the new pump and reservoir mounted. Cut, heated, and bent my new tubing, and installed the tubing. Then I realized I'd turned the pump around backwards and had the outlet tubing going the wrong way :mad:

So I disconnected all that shit, reseated the pump and reservoir, changed the connector fittings, and reconnected the tubing. But working in the garage at night and not taking my time, more importantly, the bottom tube looks crooked. I can fix this by shortening one end by 1/2" but I didn't feel like fucking with it any more. I leak tested for 2 hours and this bitch is up and running :D

Anyway, here are some pics. Keep in mind this will change again when I get the collars for my new reservoir since I'm not happy with how it sits now, though it is stable.

16650624085_4b5efca31e_o.jpg

16443335147_587482d7be_o.jpg

16649219731_d307e15998_o.jpg

16443333547_ce1bf1d717_o.jpg

16650622435_12f0067af4_o.jpg

those 2 holes to the right of your MB and just to the left of the wire grommets oughtta do those clamps some justice, if you get away from the velcro

those 2 holes to the right of your MB and just to the left of the wire grommets oughtta do those clamps some justice, if you get away from the velcro
Yeah, that's where the brackets were for the last reservoir. I wish I'd gotten this one to start, it is so much nicer and easier to use than the Primochill one. Long live Bitspower!

i REAlly dug the multi connection options the bitspower res had to come from start...

what was the total cost for the water cool system? Maybe I will ship mine to you for the install because I am too lazy to do it.

PS YOU FUCKING SUCK!!! = you are really awesome
YOU ARE A FUCKING HACK!!! = you are a kick ass gamer
I FUCKING HATE YOU! = I am jealous and wanna be you <3

what was the total cost for the water cool system? Maybe I will ship mine to you for the install because I am too lazy to do it.<3
For watercooling:

Radiator-$90
CPU block: $72.00
GPU water block: if you bought it and installed it yourself $149
Pump $79 w/sleeved wires
Acrylic tubing: $33.00- I got lots of extra to play with but you could easily do a build for $16.00
Rigid compression fittings: $84.00
Rotary adaptors, extensions, drain valve: $60.00
Reservoir and mounting plate: You can buy the one I have and the upgrade kit for $105
Total-$672.00

Mind you, if you use flexible tubing which is easier to start with the cost goes down by about $100.
If you already have the parts, like I already had some of these, then the total cost I put out for this now was more like $350.

I have the h100i water cooler for the cpu , can I build off it for 2 video cards? I run SLI..

you could get away with a smaller res/rad(since your CPU is already under water). You would have to run a separate loop to your GPUs as I dont think that CPU water cooler is compatible with custom WC components.

Mind you, if you use flexible tubing which is easier to start
^^ this. I wouldnt fuck with acrylic off the bat.

you could get away with a smaller res/rad(since your CPU is already under water). You would have to run a separate loop to your GPUs as I dont think that CPU water cooler is compatible with custom WC components.

^^ this. I wouldnt fuck with acrylic off the bat.

No, you can not add on to an all in one closed loop like you have for your cpu. To watercool your cpu, and both video cards, you'd need a 360 or larger rad.

And yeah, don't fuck with the rigid tubing if it's the first time you're doing water cooling.

To give you an example of the cooling difference from air, my cpu went from 68C on an all in one liquid cooler to 46C, and my gpu went from 73C with 100% fan speed to 40C with a 360 rad.

Now I have a 420rad for just those 2 components, which is really overkill but my cpu runs at 34C gaming and the video card at 32C.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a kit from XSPC and selling my H100i. It doesn't perform for a shit.
I don't like the mounting system. It has no clamping force between the block and CPU. I'm running 55C in game at 30% load on all cores @4.6 Ghz.

how big are the rads on those?
can you re-apply some thermal paste and get new screws?
it's a 240 rad. the mounting system is designed so you can't over tighten. lots of vids on youtube of people putting rubber washers behind the backplate and getting better temps.

lots of vids on youtube of people putting rubber washers behind the backplate and getting better temps.
try that, or +1 to:

if that rad will fit in your machine I would do that. If you are gunna run a loop with cpu/gpu do it. If you arent, I would try the rubber washer thing with your current cooler to drop your temps

**edit** if you decide to run a loop, get with @sixer9682 / @balls2dawall about drainage/fill ports. they are pretty experienced and have pink ass brains to pick on the topic!

Great kit, but be aware this has 7/16 x 5/8 fittings meaning you need tubing of the same size. It comes with tubing but when you go to replace it make sure to get that size.

Also, pay attention to the socket type for the cpu water block. This has Socket 1366 and 1150/1155/1156 but Not 2011.
It also comes with a 24pin ATX Bridge Tool-that lets you turn on the PSU to leak test without powering up the motherboard...very handy. The XSPC fans that are included are great fans for radiators. They're very quiet and have a fairly high static pressure-which is good for pushing air through radiators.

Back