F@!%ing Updates to my PC

sixer9682

So I was changing some things today like swapping out fans, changing the pump to a variable speed one, which meant wrapping it after removing the reservoir, and while I was doing that I decided to change the tubing since I wasn't happy with how the Acrylic looked earlier.

It's still acrylic, but I changed the orientation to give it a cleaner look. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Acrylic rev1.JPG

Acrylic rev2.JPG

rev3.JPG

rev6.JPG
rev7.JPG

This took longer than I expected and I didn't feel like even doing the leak test tonight so I'll do that tomorrow and finish up then. See you guys when it's back up and running.

Well shit on a brick. I got bored and decided to start leak testing tonight. After checking all the connections, fittings, and power, I filled the reservoir and turned on the power (to the pump and fans not the system).
The pump isn't moving any water and while I can see it spin for a couple of seconds at a time through the acrylic of the reservoir, it stops every 3-4 seconds and makes a grinding noise like GRRRRCH!

IDK but it's looking like the pump is dead.

yep,I submitted an rma but I'll just install the old pump tomorrow and be done

I like the new orientation shame about the new pump though. Whats in the bottom PCI? Is that the Asus soundcard?

I like the new orientation shame about the new pump though. Whats in the bottom PCI? Is that the Asus soundcard?
Yeah that's an Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I changed out the pump today and a gasket broke that seals around the pump. I'm done with the Primochill reservoir. I can't find the parts I need for it since frozen cpu went belly up.

I ordered this Bitspower one instead and will have to redo the tubing when I get it installed.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OJ...=bitspower&dpPl=1&dpID=41lP2DaKbdL&ref=plSrch

I got the new reservoir put together and leak tested. I'll install it tomorrow and redo the tubing layout and then be back up and running.

FUCK DUDE! I really like the "drainage" valve you got going on. Must make it much simpler to maintain. As my machine was first build, and water cooled to boot. I just added a valve and the bottom of my loop.
The way you have yours set up is much more efficient!

Also, looks good with new pipeage!

That looks so fucking awesome.

Nice design and craftsmanship!

FUCK DUDE! I really like the "drainage" valve you got going on. Must make it much simpler to maintain. As my machine was first build, and water cooled to boot. I just added a valve and the bottom of my loop.
The way you have yours set up is much more efficient!

Also, looks good with new pipeage!
Thanks, it's just a 90 degree rotary fitting attached to an extender, attached to the drain valve. This way it rotates up and down as needed and can extend out as well. I'll be putting that on the new reservoir when I replace the one you see in the pics above.

THat is what I am using except with clear res. I love it.
Question though: Do those wave/ripple dividor things make a difference in cooling?
No difference in cooling, they're anti-vortex...to stop the water from swirling around inside the tube. I'll be using a bitspower water pipe in the new one.

Oh, a couple of pics of the new reservoir with my crappy camera on my phone. This is after I leak tested the damn thing.

16614068786_ea67cf008f_k.jpg

16453823179_5352f9d7ef_k.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, it's just a 90 degree rotary fitting attached to an extender, attached to the drain valve. This way it rotates up and down as needed and can extend out as well. I'll be putting that on the new reservoir when I replace the one you see in the pics above.
hell yea, just screwing in a fitting/tubing section to drain is efficient as hell. Good luck in your next plight

Okay, I couldn't stand the shitty pics from my phone so here's a few better ones. And thanks, I'll post more pics when I get everything situated.
16614690736_53f512080e_o.jpg

16433324827_413315a668_o.jpg

16433324057_5b4b0d76f5_o.jpg

Back