Battlefield 1 Premium Pass Revealed

Please, BF1. Bring me back to the franchise. I miss Battlefield but, I just can't get into BF4 the way I can other games like Insurgency. After watching streamers during the Alpha it was extremely intriguing so, hopefully it'll live to its hype. Guess we'll find out at the end of this month with the Beta.
the flame thrower video makes me wet

I don't get the all the crying I see about the pricing, It's no different then any previous BF game that I've played. I'm wanting to purchase it now pretty badly, but I would like to wait for the open Beta and actually test it before dropping that $$. I'm sure based on all the reviews and youtube videos I've watched its going to be nice, but Hardline also had a lot of positive hype around it until it went live. Hell, I loved it when I had access to the Alpha and thought it was complete shit with the Beta and didn't buy it.

I expected the price to be a bit more. It's $15 CAD extra for same thing in BF4 going to BF1.

EDIT - Actually this is 4 expacs and not 5 like in BF4 for $15Canadian more...

Compared to overwatch where all new content will be free... it's a lot. Hell it's always been a lot. The difference is people have been burned for throwing their money at a title that failed on their delivery of certain things.

Another reason I'm excited for titanfall 2. No season pass. All content will be free.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Its not that i think bf1 is going to be bug free our of the box, i just know ill play it either way. that's why i pre ordered.

Any true fan of Battlefield will buy BF1 at almost any price and even if they may have problems and they know it... I am one of them :p

Compared to overwatch where all new content will be free... it's a lot. Hell it's always been a lot. The difference is people have been burned for throwing their money at a title that failed on their delivery of certain things.
I don't see many people still playing Overwatch in TBG.

I don't get the all the crying I see about the pricing, It's no different then any previous BF game that I've played. I'm wanting to purchase it now pretty badly, but I would like to wait for the open Beta and actually test it before dropping that $$. I'm sure based on all the reviews and youtube videos I've watched its going to be nice, but Hardline also had a lot of positive hype around it until it went live. Hell, I loved it when I had access to the Alpha and thought it was complete shit with the Beta and didn't buy it.
If you played BF2, you could choose to buy an expansion. As it is right now, you are forced to buy all the 'DLC' with premium.

It's quite different than it used to be, and that's why many people rightfully bitch. Whether or not it matters is another matter.

Yea that's what kinda sucks is if you don't have all the DLC content you might just find your self getting kicked off the server as the map changes...

I don't see many people still playing Overwatch in TBG.
TBG isn't an overwatch clan remember? But that still has little to do with this unless your argument is that paid content means more activity from the clan vs free content.

If BF was free and they released maps in pairs, 2-4 maps a year roughly every 5-7 months, it would have a lot of interest especially with a one time cost that was normal game price. As we saw with lockers metro and others, a large portion didn't buy in to the xpacs from the start so loading up on xpacs maps vs just vanilla maps cut the available player base down. There are various reasons for that, but every xpacs would make a new tier of player and what's accessible to them.

Blizzard will make bank off of things like new skins, booster packs and other micro transactions that don't shift the balance of play. EA added the ability to buy extra packs, however they make no where near the kind of cash that blizzard does with microtransactions. As such, they package it up and ship it off as expansions which add to the total cost for a "polished/finished" game. Let's face it, it's a lot of money. It's a lot of pizza, a lot of tacos, a lot of McDoubles... that's gas for a few weeks depending what you drive.

If someone wants to buy a purple pimp suit for their BF character that's cool, but I'd rather get the maps and core game for one price and let their be frilly extras for others to buy so I can have a cheaper game. Hell, that's if the game runs like a polished game should from the box or if we have to go through weeks of tweaks and balances to have a stable playing experience. Some of the stuff they have churned out, the xpacs should be free for our troubles!

TBG isn't an overwatch clan remember? But that still has little to do with this unless your argument is that paid content means more activity from the clan vs free content.

If BF was free and they released maps in pairs, 2-4 maps a year roughly every 5-7 months, it would have a lot of interest especially with a one time cost that was normal game price. As we saw with lockers metro and others, a large portion didn't buy in to the xpacs from the start so loading up on xpacs maps vs just vanilla maps cut the available player base down. There are various reasons for that, but every xpacs would make a new tier of player and what's accessible to them.

Blizzard will make bank off of things like new skins, booster packs and other micro transactions that don't shift the balance of play. EA added the ability to buy extra packs, however they make no where near the kind of cash that blizzard does with microtransactions. As such, they package it up and ship it off as expansions which add to the total cost for a "polished/finished" game. Let's face it, it's a lot of money. It's a lot of pizza, a lot of tacos, a lot of McDoubles... that's gas for a few weeks depending what you drive.

If someone wants to buy a purple pimp suit for their BF character that's cool, but I'd rather get the maps and core game for one price and let their be frilly extras for others to buy so I can have a cheaper game. Hell, that's if the game runs like a polished game should from the box or if we have to go through weeks of tweaks and balances to have a stable playing experience. Some of the stuff they have churned out, the xpacs should be free for our troubles!
That's not my point :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Another reason I'm excited for titanfall 2. No season pass. All content will be free.

i was excited for TF 1, and saw how they ruined it. yes the DLC will be for free, but how many DLC's will they put out? EA doesn't give stuff away for free. If this game lasts more than a year, I will be surprised. But I hope they do this one right. It was a shame TF1 was so horrible just like Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

Here is the way I look at it. You can not please everybody. I am the person who buys a battlefield game with premium. I know I am going to spend 129.00. I also know there is a good chance for a bunch of bugs. I also know they will get worked out and it will be a great game. BF3 & BF4 with premium has given me years of entertainment. It has given me my moneys worth. No one should shun or look down at anyone who pre-orders or buys a "over priced game in there opinon".

Your opinion on Overwatch, I totally disagree with. But I respect it. All I can go by is what I saw within the clan. There was so much hype and so man clan members were into the hype. But it seems after 2 weeks, most have lost it. But I am not going to tell you your opinion of Overwatch is wrong. I have never played it. It is not my type of game.

Why can't we all just agree to disagree on how much games are or how good games are. Lets not start flame wars if someone disagrees with someone elses "OPINION" on a game. I know I go back to BFF videos but they really are relevant with just about any gaming scenario.

Then what?
Overwatch doesn't have servers. I realise that it wasn't designed to have us hosting servers, but that is the primary way we get traffic.

The thread/my posts were relating to overwatchs free updates and new content to EA slowly releasing 4 maps at a time and every few is recycled. Yes we like the updated maps we grew up with but it's sort of a bum deal.

Regardless of how you cut it, it's expensive when compared to the base price of your average game. That's not to say no one will get it but hey I got the full version of hardline and look how that ended for the clan; 0 servers and about 4 people who play it when no one is around to see them logging in from the shadows. Konrak... so based off that experience, I think it's expensive and I'd rather they had more of a model like Blizzard where the frilly stuff can be Baugh and the core parts are included with the original base price.

One way or another most people here will buy it and we all knew what to expect for the price, doesn't mean we have to like it or that we don't have fears of this falling flat on its face.

I agree that battlefield is hugely expensive. That's one thing I am thankful for, overwatch is only 40 bucks.

i was excited for TF 1, and saw how they ruined it. yes the DLC will be for free, but how many DLC's will they put out? EA doesn't give stuff away for free. If this game lasts more than a year, I will be surprised. But I hope they do this one right. It was a shame TF1 was so horrible just like Medal of Honor: Warfighter.
I actually love tf on the pc and had no issues with it. Group of my friends played it together and had a great time.

Back