yum.

qwerty

This has two 15.4-inch displays, the second stows away behind the first and slides out when you need it.
Inside, you'll have a selection of Core 2 Duos, 4GIG's of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 900M GT graphics, and a 7200rpm drive.
Yum.

Name of manufacturer and model name, price, link for review/buy! Need something to occupy my countless hours of boredom.

I've seen something like that before, although with a much smaller dual-screen setup.

This was in the news months ago. I'm not sure it's retail yet, it was a prototype back then...

I guess I just have mine old school, I use the triple head2go by matrox with 3 monitors. $500 Monitors+ $100 Matrox box.

Thats pretty cool but the new Alienware shit is amazing both performance and appearancewise.

Whoops, here's the details.
Manufacturer is - gScreen
Model - Spacebook laptop.
Expected to cost just south of $3,000.
gScreen's planning on having this on sale by the holidays, along with a dual-13-inch model

[quote1251479524=Misiek]
Thats pretty cool but the new Alienware shit is amazing both performance and appearancewise.
[/quote1251479524]
alienware is overpriced. and now that Dell owns them i dont even look at their new stuff.

If i ever do get a laptop it will be a dual screen one like this. so cool

[quote1251479830=Frit0z]
alienware is overpriced. and now that Dell owns them i dont even look at their new stuff.
If i ever do get a laptop it will be a dual screen one like this. so cool
[/quote1251479830]
What? Duude. XPS is the shit. Whats wrong with Dell?
The Alienware m17X would eat this for breakfast, and under 3k as well. Dells purchase of Alienware has given the same warranty and tech support that has made XPS famous with gamers. I didnt give Alienware a second glance when I was looking for a DRS Gaming Laptop. Thats why I got this XPS M1710 from Dell. Now that Dell has its hand in Alienware I can expect the same level of support that XPS has given me over the last 3 years. Any issue, I have a tech at my door, withing 24 hours. (the two times Ive needed it, they were here in 10 hours, and 15 hours, respectively) I got pissed one day and chucked my joystick into my screen, fucked it up huge, Dell came here and replaced it. No questions asked, no charge. The second time was for my graphics. I toasted it playing Crysis. Again, here, replaced, and working at 100% within the same day.
I dont know where else you will find that kind of support. And these are things that someone should take into account whenever dropping 3K+ on anything.
Im pretty sure I'll be replacing this, with the M17x within a few months.

Mind you, you pay 300 bucks for the warranty, but the first call I had to make, more than made up for it.

Ive had bad experiences with dell. Call them get stuck on hold for 2 hours only to say that they cant do anything for me. The worst part is getting stuck on the phone with someone with such a heavy accent that you cant understand a thing they say. Ill stick to building my own gaming pcs. Rather spend $1000 less and have everything i want, sure i only get manufacturers waranties but if something is going to break it will break in less than a year with the kind of stress i put on it. Not to mention i get to scrutenize each part that goes into my machine. Im not sure how much dell has changed in the past 5 years but their tech support use to be a joke and all their parts were proprietary so i couldnt even upgrade my machine without going through them.

[quote1251484228=RC_Rigdon]
I guess I just have mine old school, I use the triple head2go by matrox with 3 monitors. $500 Monitors+ $100 Matrox box.

[/quote1251484228]

Dude triplehead2go is t3h r0x0rz. I have one huge monitor now (37'' TV) but I'm looking to buy 3x1600x1200 monitors with tiny bezels and a digital triplehead2go sometime soon...

[quote1251486014=Frit0z]
Ive had bad experiences with dell. Call them get stuck on hold for 2 hours only to say that they cant do anything for me. The worst part is getting stuck on the phone with someone with such a heavy accent that you cant understand a thing they say. Ill stick to building my own gaming pcs. Rather spend $1000 less and have everything i want, sure i only get manufacturers waranties but if something is going to break it will break in less than a year with the kind of stress i put on it. Not to mention i get to scrutenize each part that goes into my machine. Im not sure how much dell has changed in the past 5 years but their tech support use to be a joke and all their parts were proprietary so i couldnt even upgrade my machine without going through them.
[/quote1251486014]
Yes, if you buy a regular dell system, you get the shaft. Call centers for those systems are routed to India. No biggie though. You say you dont understand, and they'll cue you to a Canada call center. So long as you can deal with our slow speach, and the occasional, "Eh?" you'll be fine.
If you buy an XPS system though, (and now Alienware) you get put thru right away to a special cue, designed specifically for XPS/AW customers. All of them are in North America. If you live in Canada they pass you to the US, and vice-verse for US customers. An obvious case of you get what you pay for, I suppose.

That's why I custom build my PC's. If there is a problem, I fix it, not some second rate person that I don't trust. Plus, I enjoy putting all the parts together. Newegg is great too, not only because they ship fast, but because their prices are usually the cheapest.

I lack the tech savvy, plus Im kinda stingy, so Id hate to build something, fail and be outta pocket.

Back