WTF stupid computer

KombatNife

... I can't diagnose this.. so if any of you that are more knowledgeable, please help out.

I've been playing 2142 for a long time, but sometimes, when I'm playing in the middle of a map, the computer all of sudden wound go black screen on me, I can still hear the action in the background.. and then it goes to sleep mode... That's really annoying as I have to manually restart the PC, and of course, join the server... I'm not sure what causes this.

I'm using Win7 Professional edition 64 bits.

Thanks

humm... well, I did get this machine refurbished (~$500), so I don't blame it acting out, it might not have enough watt on PS, but its a old 9800 gt. Most likely I wont upgrade, since it plays SC2 just fine, and there isn't any new games that I play that requires this heavy graphic card. Maybe I'll pick something up during black friday :)

I use to have the same issue with Vista and would end up manually restarting to fix otherwise it would continue. The only time it would happen was when I left the computer on and let it go into sleep mode then simply woke it up with space bar or mouse. Never from a cold boot. Moral of the story, I stopped allowing the computer to go into sleep mode in my power management options. I have not had the issue with win 7 so far.

Red.

but you see, under power management, it's under High Performance. so... it shouldn't do what it did.

Make sure under the power management in Win7 that sleep mode is disabled. It shouldn't do that under High Performance, but make sure by disabling the sleep mode. Also, check your bios settings and make sure you disable sleep mode there too. I don't know if that's the solution, but it sounds likely from what you've described.

Back