[ST:O] Worked out Cplmac's respec. Kubla and Josh look this over for me cuz I aint happy.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Here is the problem. When I helped Kubla respec we did a before and after and it was night and day. Did the same with cplmac and he actually did worse in some ways. There seemed to be little resistance to the science abilities from my perspective but mostly I was tearing shit up faster.

So here is the before (left) and after (right):
GameClient 2013-08-21 05-52-34-50.jpg

The changes are really positive. Losses are relatively minor even if all the gains are not being fully appreciated at the moment.

He did finish first place in his Crystalline event but thats hit and miss. Let me know what you guys think. Especially Kubla :p

First off, what are the basic abilities of the D'Kora? I mean, does it excel at any one thing? (Sci/Eng/Tac) Secondly, you can't make a cookie-cutter spec. and apply it to all of us. We're not Rain clones!

That being said, Mac doesn't PvP. Only when you or he want to test something. He's a straight up STF / Crystalline killer. Yes, I know, build for PvP and rape in PvE. Some of those skills he could go without having any points into, even though they are important for PvP'ing against you. Does he even use Scramble/Jam sensors? Mac might actually benefit from my original spec, modified for his needs.

It depends, your temporal ship is a very tough nut to crack, I doubt any of the SR or TBG fleets could do it one on one. Helll in public pvps normally I see at least 2 people taking one of those bad boys on as they are just that survivable. With Mac and his builds I say he is not going to do well with the electro-plasma systems, countermeasures, driver coil. but again we need Mac to chime in with his input and try to piece together what he feels about his new ship and build.

See, this is why I'll never plat that game. I like to go in and blow shit up. I fell asleep just looking at the chart you have there, never made to actually reading what you wrote.

That's because you forgot to take your meds again...

Kubs I use Jam sensors all the time, it was the only reason I put anything into that category. Arch I love the new ship, for some reason it is much more survivable than the old boat. Turns great, deals good damage, has a good console. Basically it was worth it even without access to the exchange and Dabo.

The thing is Kubla he made his own decisions based on the same info you had. He uses jam sensors every chance he gets especially in PvP. Now right away I told him he wouldn't be putting any points there but I came back with a maybe. I explained that it was expensive for only effecting that one thing. Essentially that came at the cost of half a percent in torpedo crit chance and some severity.

As far as Crystalline Entity goes he is better in that area. He gained 12% kinetic resistance up from 0. That helps a bit. The energy drain res and starship sensors helps in STFs and no win.

Driver coil affects him but I did explain why me and Kubla have nothing in it. Mac doffs and he moves sector to sector a lot as long as he is using the assimilated set this provides a nice boost though he could live without it.

Josh I will fight for EPS that was more of me. I said 3 min 6 max he went 6 with the intention to lower if needed. Its more useful to people who change power profiles a lot. But for an engineer it affecting emergency power to anything is important. The biggest thing is the transfer of power coming out of full impulse. We counter this by dropping out early but people like Fox Linn take advantage by lunging when he sees you slow down. An energy drain science build can shut down systems easier by doing that since the power is still low and a temporal inversion field from the set can stop that power from coming back at all while I wail on him with science abilities. Now if I leap at him and his weapons power is double what it would be at the time due to a doubling in ability to move it put of engines back to weapons then his opening volley can distract me since I will need serious healing. Remember every 1 power over 75 is 2% damage.

EPS won't make or break a fight especially the one I bring. If I did this differently maybe take 3 out of EPS and redline starship weapons training for an extra 1% of damage and redline flow caps for an extra .5 power out of plasmonic. But those changes won't make or break a fight either.

Thats why I ask you guys. Personally if I pulled anything out of space for Mac I would put it into ground. But that's the first thing I asked him do you want to sacrifice ground points to make space better. He wanted to.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

In response to the Dkora specifics it has the same power bonuses as the dread did so no change there. It has 2 extra turn rate. The special console abilities are a missile launcher which falls under general weapon shit as well as an emp pulse which its unknown if anything affects this but anything I can think of we added skill to anyways.

I would spec both of these the same eitherway. The difference between these ships is the boff layout and he is taking advantage of that with 2 rapid fires so no spec changes there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

Back