wireless question

Dirty-Lex

Admin
Admin
So my roomate is being a fucking cunt and a half and I have move my computer from downstairs in the man cave to my bed room, which is fucking bullshit.. cause he refuses to meet me halfway by installing an Ethernet port in my room so I can be hardwired into the router. needless to say, I have already started looking for another place to live, but I while in the interm,

I am going to get a wireless card for my computer, Im sure it's going affect my gaming... but if it's unplayable, I am going to have a serious conversation with this motherfucker.

any suggestion for a good quality wireless card?

First ya gotta find out if the Router supports wireless N. If so, get a NIC with a a decent antenna. Migt even wanna buy a good external one that has a cord on it so you can give it a good wide open spot. If your wireless sucks ass, you can get a wireless repeater for a decent price. That will boost your signal pretty well.

No suggestions for a wireless card, but why not just run a cable yourself? Does the place you live have an access underneath like a basement or crawlspace? Or are you going to the second floor? Can alway run a wire on the outside ofthe house too. Either way its fairly easy to do. I did try wireless a few years ago and ended up running a cable.

if you get wifi dont get usb get a pci or pci1 wifi card they are better

I have gamed on a Linksys Wireless PCI card for years. I've only see some instances of interruption, nothing that would make me punch my monitor.

Well I just ordered these because I have no internet. They will be in tomorrow what i am going to do is pull in more signals and find more unsecured signals.

SuperPass Antenna Shop - SuperUSB-ASN20 Product Page
Model Number: SuperUSB-ASN20
Total transmit power of 50.5dBm with 20.5dBi Antenna.