Which should I have the squirrel get?

Dkelley

Mike is getting me a new motherboard and processor (Going with AMD because you can overclock the Hell out of it and it's half as much as Intel) but am probably going to need a new case, as HP only makes mini tower cases and the full ATX motherboard probably won't fit in it.

I've been looking on New Egg for nice cases in the 30-40 dollar range (Want to spend $200 or less for all updates on the rig) and I'd love some advice as to which ones are better.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WU Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case This one raidmax, 39 bucks.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238B Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Also a Raidmax, this one is 27.

Newegg.com - Xigmatek ASGARD II B/O CPC-T45UE-U01 Black / Orange 0.8 mm SECC / Aluminum and Aluminum Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Xigmatech, this one is 29.

Any advice you could give would be well appreciated. <3

I'd go with the Xigmatek. It has potential for better air cooling with slots for extra fans to be screwed into the side of the case. More airflow is always better especially if you're overclocking anything.

Thanks, Sixer <3 Yeah, I know very little about the equipment myself, having used brand name store bought rigs most of my life, so this is a new experience for me XD Of course I am much more into sim games and MMORPGs while Mike is into shooters, but s'all good. XD

Out of the choices presented I agree. You guys will have to post pics when its done.

I will, Bob <3 By the time I have all the parts in it it'll be almost like a brand new rig. I'm inheriting the 500 w power supply from Mike's Velocity, and the two ATI cards that came with it, so it will scream. XD

That first case looks like it's trying too hard to be from the future. But yeah aesthetically the last one looks best not too mention what Sixer mentioned about the additional case fans if necessary.

Thanks, Soldier. Only thing not changing is my hard drive, I don't want to lose all my shit, and when I do get a new drive, eventually when this one starts to die, it'll be a solid state.

Back