What's current in subwoofers and anyone done a pt cruiser before?

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
My ass is about to come out of retirement. I think I want to do a system in this pt cruiser. But I haven't even looked at audio in 3 years. Will be fun because I'm going to have to cut and mold a new dash bezel to get the screen in but this one will be on a tight budget.

So what's up with compact installations these days? I used to use these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Z9t7NiYrWMI/p_130TSS3041/Pioneer-TS-SW3041D.html I haven't even begun yo search yet. I'm still at work. Was outside earlier having a peek around to see where I can Mount with the least damage. Its not my car.

I like this guys setup. Sits under the lower position for the shelf so you can protect it while carrying cargo. Not sure how many cubic feet I can get away with there but looks big enough to stick with whatever I want. The box I built for the truck went over the wheel well and had 1.25 cuft for a single 10in.
uploadfromtaptalk1419617089641.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1419617098994.jpg

Its been 8 years since I have even looked at after-market car audio. I think that looks clean and functional. Perhaps a bit "beats by dre"-ish with the bass focus. I used to whore myself out to JL back in the day. Had a custom fiberglass hatch box with three JL 10"s in my RX-7.....feels like lifetimes ago.
I am a sucker for a clean, near-OEM look, and this isn't bad. Stick within their budget and if the fuckers want bass, tune that shit yo make panties drop....granted, PT Cruiser so....good luck!

Depends on how much work/money you want to do. JL Audio's stealth boxes are nice,but not cheap. Do you have the ability or time to do fiberglass? If so you can make your own that fits seamlessly into the vehicle. Been out of that game for many years now, but its really not that hard. Lot of time over a standard enclosure though.

Back