Website Upgrade IT GOIN RAIN!

It's slow as fuck to be honest. I am not 100% sure whats up but I am probably going to split it off onto another server soon. We are about to test upgrading PHP versions which should also improve performance.

Main page and reply boxes are real fast. Clicking "post reply" is weird though.

Main page and reply boxes are real fast. Clicking "post reply" is weird though.

If that's changed it's easy to adjust. We mirrored a lot of terms from vBulletin when we first changed to Xenforo to keep the change from being so jarring.

I am currently researching all the changes from XF 2.1 and 2.2 so that we can start taking advantage of it. Apparently XF2.1 introduced video uploads, 2.2 now has audio upload. We can integrate with GIPHY all kinds of shit.

Good news is the 3rd party plugins don't seem to have an issue with PHP 7.3. Bad news it doesn't seem the upgrade to PHP or the MySQL server was enough to impress me. Time to move it from this old ass Intel processor to a much newer EPYC. Splitting up the admin tool and the website will let me push to PHP 7.4 or 8.0

My udders are getting hard listening to you talk that way.

FUCK MY LIFE.

Anyways servers has moved. There was an inexplicable issue that had an inexplicable solution

You can't blame Soulz? What kind of BS is that, it used to be always due to Soulz that it worked or failed to work........

Back