Water block GPU hitting the market

Renno you calling me a troll?....(I'm not that ugly) I know Balls but this was stock WCB and thought to shear with everyone. It is a FULL(metal)Jacket block as to your 1/2 block. Like I said GIVE TO ME 3!!!

Ok, so what are we playing that would need that much card?

If it's just Battlefield series and the like.. that would be like buying a Mustang Shelby, chipping it, adding about 10K aftermarket mods.. just to drive it to the grocery store once in a while. What can you really throw at it that's gonna put a substantial load on it?

Ok, so what are we playing that would need that much card?

If it's just Battlefield series and the like.. that would be like buying a Mustang Shelby, chipping it, adding about 10K aftermarket mods.. just to drive it to the grocery store once in a while. What can you really throw at it that's gonna put a substantial load on it?

Sounds good to me. Don't people do that to cars all the time. Well I guess will see soon how well our cards will hold up to new games like BF3 and crysis 2.

Maybe to a Mustang GT, but not to a Shelby. As for the waterblocks, the only reason I see for them is to make it a 1-slot card. However, full-cover waterblocks don't hold value (they're being sold for a fraction the price a month after its replacement arrives; GTX480 blocks are pretty worthless now that GTX580 is here). It's the exception, not the rule, to have compatible full-cover blocks.

Regardless, unless you already have a full WC setup, I'd definitely suggest against it. Get a GPU block and RAM & VRM heatsinks. However, be aware that a card like a GTX580 consumes >200W at full load and will need the vast majority of that to be dissipated via water. You may need a larger radiator or two.

Back