VW GTI W12 body kit offers all the show, none of the go

ErikStenger

At the 2007 Wörthersee show in Austria, the VAG crew brought out two concepts that had VW and Audi fanboys frothing at the mouth. The first was the Audi TT Clubsport Quattro concept and the other was the VW Golf GTI W12 650 concept. The TT roadster made the transition from concept to limited production model (between 50 and 100 are being made for the Middle East market), while the W12-powered GTI remained an engineering show-piece. Exclusive Tuning Worldwide decided that the show crowd shouldn't be left out of the fun and developed a full body kit for the Mark V GTI that apes the W12's insane exterior.

The kit consists of new side skirts, widened front and rear fenders, a reworked hatch and bumper, along with an oddly proportioned front bumper and "W12 650" badging, all used to create a close facsimile of the show car. Unfortunately, aside from a reworked suspension, the performance modifications have been kept to a minimum and there's no twin-turbocharged, Bentley-sourced W12 mounted out back. That's a bummer, but considering Clarkson's review , you might be better off with a hatch that's not trying to kill you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUWuVcBnMrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chreIG-6NXo

vw.gti.concept.back.500.jpg

vw.gti.concept.side.500.jpg

vw.gti.concept.front.2.500.jpg

vw.gti.concept.front.500.jpg

I'm sure if the produce it they'll give power to match the looks.

Dutch tuner included brand new front and rear bumpers, new front grille, side skirts with faux air vents, four tailpipes, plus 60mm wider fenders with 19-inch GTI alloy wheels. As you can see for yourself in the adjacent photo, the aftermarket model looks amazing but there's still one major impediment: the price.

Buying all these goodies and turning your Golf V into the GTI W12 concept is not even close to being cheap, as the whole package plus installation costs around 13,025 euros (16,900 US dollars). The VAG site is in freaking dutch.

HAH - reminds me of the day... i used to tune my 95 civic coupe for the track. I sat on Konig aluminum 18" Toxxins with Yokohama Tires and supported by Tokeko Adjustable dampening suspension system . M3 side skirts, Buddy Club rear bumper, and Street Fighter front valance. The D15 was swapped out for a turbo charged NoS fed B16a3 (jap spec 1.8L SiR dual overhead cam). Full Greddy exhaust - from the headers back! All the bells and whistles. Wish I never totalled that baby. It was painted the VW GTi color green... it was SO pretty. I was running the quarter mile in the low 12s.

Would you have any pics of the 95 civic coupe cjjeans? That beast sound awesome.

They are lost. That car only exists in my memory now. A lot of people took pics of it back in the day and it was on the importXpressions website at one point.... just can't find the pics anymore.

WHOAH! I did find this though! A self portrait of me in my car... LOL
whoah.gif

awww. Well @ least you have the memories.......lol The good ol' days....huh?.................lol

OH MY GOD I FUCKING FOUND A PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she was my baby. I polished those wheels day and night. mothers the fuck out the poor car.
i had a lot of sex in that car...

i can't stop staring at it... i cant believe i found picture of it... thats from back like 2002... 7 years ago...

I'm sorry but I can't stop staring at the NSX and I believe a yellow 355 behind you.

I saw them too Falcon. My buddy STILL has his NSX. He won't let me drive it because I won't let him drive mine. :(

Back