Vote Map on the 24/7 All Maps BF4 server?

Crotan

Hey Guys,

There was a period there where you were running a vote map plugin on the all maps BF4 server? What happened with that? Why did you stop? Play there a lot, and you'll frequently see people ask what happened to it. I myself miss it.

i personally like that option but some do not. I believe it allows users to stay engaged and not quit the servers.

Couple things, the votemap plugin doesnt include Dragon valley so that map will never show up. The other thing, since it's been disabled the server has been rocking non stop, hate to screw that trend up. Lets see how long we can keep this server going like this

sorry crouton D: .. I guess their not going to add it.. even know id like to see it too

I imagine it's one of the plugins off of procon's forum? Point me in the right direction. If it supports all the maps, will you guys add it back?

conquest all maps has been doing much better since it was removed and I dont believe dragon valley was updated to it therefore dragon isn't ever going to be played unless they've updated.

I see the map vote option has been added... is this going to be a permanent thing, or are you just trying it on for size?

Personally, I think it's a mess. The 24/7 Conquest server was pretty unique, I can't think of another 64 player Conquest server that rotated ALL maps, and with no commander. That's what I loved about it.

Now I can't find an opportunity to play the full map rotation. The voting leads to repetitiveness, playing the same map every other round. And the actual process spams the chat section at the end of round... in a close game, that's pretty darn annoying.

Just my two cents, not worth much I know.

Damn. I'm of the opposing view point. After it became apparent that the votemap wasn't coming back, I actually started playing elsewhere, because it seemed like I was stuck in the same part of the rotation at the same time every day, with no variety. Haha Always interesting to gain another viewpoint of a regular on the server.

I spend way too much time on the BF4 TBG all maps server, but I do love that votemap has returned. Especially since I spend hours there. Yikes! I will agree that this particular votemap isn't as friendly to the chat as the last one. It does one map per line which really takes too much space.

I say thank you for returning the feature!

I agree with you Crotan... the map rotation could be repetitive if you play the same time every day.

I think that problem has been exacerbated by voting. Seems like the same maps are coming up to vote way too frequently: Outbreak, Shangai, Lost Islands, Nasha Strike. The variety of gameplay has certainly been lessened.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a full rotation, but maybe a simple skip vote? Maximum variety, and the players still have some direct input. Or maybe allow voting, but ensure that no map is up to vote again until the entire rotation has been played once?

I dunno if any of this is even possible, I'm just musing. Wonder if any other regulars will chime in.

I'm all for vote map. However I agree that the same maps have been up for vote almost every single map (Outbreak.....booo). Don't know if it is a bug or something else. I wonder if there is Votemap plugin another group is using that would work good for us @FAST . Either way both sides will never be happy. Like me.

Back