Vent Overlay?

Soldier4Real

I know I was speaking to a few of you guys last night about an overlay for Ventrilo. I would really like to see who's speaking, it gets confusing when you don't know everyone's voice. I have a G15 keyboard and have enabled the check box in the Vent settings but it still isn't working. Anyone have a solution or an idea? And yes I did search for about 40 minutes on google for a solution.

Go here: Ventrilo -> Setup -> Overlay -> Tweak to your desire :).

[quote1233946858=Soulzz]
Go here: Ventrilo -> Setup -> Overlay -> Tweak to your desire :).
[/quote1233946858]

Yeah I tried that but maybe if I mess with it enough I can get it to work.

Is your desktop resolution the same as your in-game? That was the suggested technique in getting it to work on the Ventrilo.com website :). If you have a G15, I can see if I can find you an app to get it working ;).

ventrilo website says that bf2142 only works when both screen and game resolution are set to 800x600. Other resolutions have known issues. By the way, I can't switch applications when I'm on bf2142 because the graphic cards (nvidia 8800gt) freezes and I have to terminate bf2142 to get back. Anyone else has this issue?

I have 2 screens and I put ventrilo on one and bf2142 in the other. That s my workaround to see who's speaking...

Doing some research on the G15 keyboard I found this couple of beasts.... I really wanna try one, check this out:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/5123&cl=ca,en

and

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4956&cl=ca,en

to Alt-Tab with 2142 you need to be back at the first screen after you login, if your on the multiplayer screen or in-game it will lock up. Also if you've deleted or renamed your movies folder it can cause it to lock up unless you leave the dice.bik file alone. Btw the overlay link you posted Soulzz causes issues with PB. I got the regular overlay working but it's cumbersome and now I understand why you guys play without it.

RogelioRoldan,
I?m a vista user and don?t have the problems switching between programs with 2142 running. I use the document flip option instead of ALT-TAB. While the later does work it will lock the game at times but document flip has never failed me. I have it programmed to my mouse thumb wheel.

Cheers,

SgtDeadred.

Back