[Squad] Update 3.9

doNico

Soo ... they came up with Alpha 3.9 ... its smoother for me and more stable

Hi Squaddies,
We hope that you all had a great New Years, and now that a majority of the development team is back at work, we’d like to put out a new update, version 3.9 of the current Alpha build of Squad. Contained are a number of Steam usability improvements, heaps of performance updates, Server browser improvements and other goodies.

Alpha 3.9 Changelog

• Improved client performance related to optimizations in the anim system
  • Fixed kit allocations not working in many situations
  • Updated Militia player models with new components, distinguishing them further from other factions
  • Performance improvements to the Militia player models
  • Leaving a squad now replaces your kit
  • Improved Steam authentication for better stability
  • Allows for joining on Steam friends
  • Allows for joining servers via web browser sites
  • Increased server connection timeout, decreasing the amount of unintentional disconnects
  • Increased server browser timeout
  • Increased timeout for joining a map to allow people with low spec pc’s to load the game, without being kicked unintentionally by the server for timeout
  • Added SteamID to showplayerids
  • Fixed banning by ID issues
  • Improved performance of explosion effects
  • Added the ability to reset keybindings
  • Separated out the default button in each section of the settings menu, pressing default now only resets the current menu’s settings.
  • Players can now cancel joining the firing range in menu
  • Fixed incorrect access level for banning
  • Fixed a few server crashes

We’ve still got heaps in the chamber coming later this month, so please stay tuned to ourwebpage[joinsquad.com], forums[forums.joinsquad.com] and Steam community page for the latest.

Offworld Out.

~doN

Nice :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They must never fixed much on the server end, had hell of a game going last night on the #1 server, it crashed, nobody joined back.. so I went to a pub server played, 2 rounds into that it crashed. Then Death Scraps and myself played a 70 something slot server to see how that compares to 50 players, good round going hour or so.. and then boom crash!.. so it must be all servers with issues with the server end of this game...

It is

20 minutes trying to join a server and I realize I just bought another alpha, for the last time.

I don't get it. They literally just the leased a patch. I was playing for a few hours. Give it time probably was a massive upload to steam

I told you guys it was an alpha... But your choice.

@cplmac .. be patient man, its going to be a big game and theres still a lot to do. Our servers actually are working really fine (instead of the crashes). Weve got alot of players who rejoin us every single day and thats pretty kewl imo. Sometimes, we dont even have to idle, they do it for us (more or less) ... Everything is heading in the right direction. Of course, theres a lot of work to do but if you want to complain about anything, just go to their site http://forums.joinsquad.com/ and open a thread.

FYI ... Mixed modes courrently worlds Nr. 8 ; AAS#1 37th and AAS#2 83rd

~doN

Back