Unwarented Kick from the Air and Sea Maps Server

MyKungFu

Hello,

I joined the forum just so that I could point out an issue

I was just minutes ago playing in your server there is a heated battle it was good. Coyote_Preston is flying around dominating everyone in the A-10 so I got a boat loaded with AA passive and headed out. Apparently when I hit them the game showed I hit them with a TOW that is not the case and I talked in open channel and said no I was using AA. Then of course I was accused of cheating because my passive had no lock warning...and was suddenly kicked by an admin. Here is the way the system works, see a red box on a flying vehicle it gives you a distance to target. If the vehicle is farther away then 650 meters, but the distance is closing towards 650m then fly your missiles, the moment the target gets to 650m the target locks and the missiles acquire and impact. The Pilot gets little to no warning as "The Passive" missiles(That were already flying towards the target) had not locked yet, they do not lock till 650m. This is not a bug, it is the way the system is actually designed so that you can hit a target before they can deploy counter measures. It is this way in the real world, and it is this way in game. It's why the system is passive, the missiles can lock targets after flying, and in fact it even mentions it in the AA tutorial as the proper tactic. you can feel free to try it on a map and look it up in the Tut.

Anyway, I am not here to appeal anything(I do not believe I was banned, just kicked) I do not know who the admin was nor do I care, it does not matter. It is of course your server and you can run it anyway you want, however if you are going to have admins that are going to kick people for cheating when there was clearly no cheating going on, it does call into question the integrity of the admin why was I kicked? is Coyote_Preston a friend of the admin, is that why I was kicked? I mean it just all seems kind of knee jerk and unprofessional. Before someone calls me a cheater they should really look at my stats, I pre bought this game and am only rank 67 or something, you can go to my board and see that I am a casual player and have no reason to cheat. If I was going to cheat don't you think after all these years I would maybe be a higher rank, and have the cool toys? Coyote_Preston is a good pilot, but no matter how good he is I don't have to load up some type of very specific cheat to blow him out of the sky, I realize his ego was a little hurt, but again no reason to accuse me of cheating.

Anyway I appreciate your servers they are usually pretty well run and good map rotations. I play on them regularly and hope to continue to play into the future.

Thank you for your time,
MyKungFu

Back