Umm... exmOvere "Chariot"... WTF

HeatSurge

I don't know about you, but except for certain people with disabilities (for whom this kind of thing would be great), I can't really see this taking off at all...

Kind of scarily reminds me of the floating chairs in Wall-E...

I mean what the hell is wrong with walking... especially inside buildings? Why on earth would you want to be in this shit making copies?!?

[yt=640,385]N2NcMwhFU-w[/yt]

That thing is weird... Reminds me of the Segway.

Wow, that is lazy to a new level.

This will take off, why would the rich walk when they could roll. Just think of it people getting 14" chrome wheels on it and a lil 6x9 speaker in the back. Fo sheezy.

Does it have to look like a tall skinny r2d2 with a man popping out???
or a human hoover vacuum?

So they finally invented a douchbot.

Chariot-Showbot.jpg

Domo Arrigato, Mr. Roboto!

Exmovere Wearable Chariot Is A Showbot In Disguise

Exmovere hopes to outdo the Honda Walking Assist by offering a Segway-like mobility system to disabled individuals called the Chariot. One problem. It's actually a Showbot entertainment robot costume.

What is a Showbot? A company out of Las Vegas has used Segway technology to create robotic-looking character costumes for events, trade shows, amusement parks, et cetera. Exmovere, a purported medical research company, seems intent to try and get funding to build an actual version of this. Unfortunately, rather than coming up their own version of the Chariot they merely snagged the bottom version of the "iCan" character from the Showbots and took the top of the costume off. They didn't change a thing, which may explain why it has a speaker and video camera in the crotch. Of course, this could all just be one big, late April Fool's Day joke.

Embarrassing, Will Robinson!

Back