Time to Upgrade my box finally....tell me what you guys think.

[quote1251836284=Space_Ace76]
Ah, just wondering. I have a ASUS motherboard too. Just wondering if you had any problems.
[/quote1251836284]

I have the Crosshair II with the Phenom x4 9850, I had to mod the side so I have a direct fresh air intake for Processor, drop the temps down by 10º. Needless to say My ASUS board ran hot.

But that's wasn't for BF2142, my system doesn't even chug to run it, it was for Iracing.com simulation racing, now that is a system hog.

I would've gone LG with the DVD, but whatever - they're like 20 bucks nowadays anyway, so if it stops working just throw away and buy a new one.

Overall, nice build. I see you bought the high-end Mushkin. You probably won't be disappointed. They used to call them "Redline" and they're really pretty much as good as ram gets today.

You might have to configure their timings quite in-depth for best performance. If I were you, I'd look up your mobo and "mushkin" on a search engines or your mobo on the mushkin forums. Usually, for high-end ram, people post confirmed working overclocked timings which you can use without hours of experimentation - just type them in and voila you have them blazing ;-)

And FFS OC that 920 at least to 3.8ghz when you get it. It can probably handle even more with that cooler :-D

Overall, this is a really nice build. I don't think you'll ever want to buy a second 275 either...

Back