Time for an SSD?

sixer9682

I'm seriously thinking about getting an SSD for my computer. Since I can't justify spending the money an a decent SLC drive, I was thinking of an MLC one from OCZ. I read a good review on this one at Tom's Hardware.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227410

20-227-410-10.jpg

I'm thinking SSD also! 60GB should be good for OS and Progz

That's what I was thinking also. It should be fine for the OS and some programs/games. Newegg also sell 2.5 to 3.5 enclosure bays for desktops @ $20.00

I'm not sure how they fair after 1-2 months of constant use. If I were you, I'd wait (if you can) till the summer and see what's in store then.

some of the reviews were not very good if you were running XP; myself, I'm going to wait until the cost/GB goes down. No sound and lifetime are a bonus

I'm with ya Balls. Price/GB is a major downside of it for me. Hopefully they will also become faster and more reliable in the near future.

I was reading another review today that was focusing on the performance degradation of MLC drives. It really made me rethink even getting one. SLC drives look better and better in comparison, but not until the prices come down from the $300-400 asking price currently.

i want the same hdd. then i want a 23" HD monitor and a nvidia 260 (or higher) vid card.

:( :(

Back