This is the kind of shit that makes me laugh.

I cant believe that they are trying to say the kid "technically" hit the bus ... LOL anything to get out of a lawsuit.

I'm just curious, do you have any children? The reason I ask is before I had a child I would've found something like this humorous but since I've had a son not so much.

I'm not judging I'm just wondering.

having been riding bikes for years, i can easily see how this can happen, one look to the side is all it takes a moment of distraction and you can easily leave the sidewalk. i hate to say it but it is more likely that the kid swerved than the bus, big heavy busses aren't affected as much by the person's weight shifting, or by movement in the autolith organ. Yet another reason for bike paths on the outside of the road with the sidewalk between the two, more room to recover.

I don't think a lawsuit would justify losing your kid; that statement is plain dumb on their part. I find it easier to believe a child left the sidewak than a bus leaving the road; if the bus did leave the road I would think it would have taken out more than one person.

The kid left the side walk. There's video from from traffic cameras that also provided still photos. And I've ridden bikes for years too, and even as a kid that age had enough sense to look before jumping out into the road. BTW, the speed limit on that road is 45mph. It's not a usual neighborhood road at 25 or 30. You can see both the fire truck next to the bus and the bus riding side by side along the road throughout the entire thing. Buses are loud, diesel fire engines are even louder. The kid should have had some clue there was traffic in his immediate area besides the fact the road is a busy one, not in the immediate residential areas. What I'm getting at is that any road with more than a smattering of traffic, at those speeds, is deadly to a bicycle or pedestrian. It would be no different if a pedestrian ran into the road without looking. The fact that the kid hit the bus about 2/3 past the front end tells me he either misjudged his turn or was a complete dumbass. And no, I don't have kids. It's too bad it happened to a child, but I'd rather he killed himself off young than grow up and do something even dumber later in life. Speaking of which, life isn't a video game, there are consequences to your actions and making an ill advised turn or worse yet not looking when turning onto a road with moderate to heavy traffic flow is just plain stupid. Like I said, Darwin award.

You can see another article link I posted today too where a grown man did the same thing in Broward County, FL. A semi was making a turn on heavily trafficked roads and this guy did the same thing except the semi was going slow enough he got drug underneath the wheels. Darwin award for the win.

Back