The legendary use of GGEZ

FunkArouser

To whom it may concern,

About 2 days ago at the end of a match my buddies and I went ahead and said GGEZ, as we usually do. I was told by Alteredacer to not promote our clan tag as it's seen as recruiting. You can imagine I was shocked, and said that we've been playing on the server for weeks any no one besides him had ever said anything until then.

Let's preface this by saying GGEZ is not a clan, it's not a focused group of individuals trying to recruit players to be better, it's a meme. Quite literally. We say GGEZ at the end of games irregardless of a win or a loss. It's not meant to upset anyone. It doesn't promote us in any way. It's just saying "good game easy." We have NEVER asked anyone to join us. Nor would we allow randoms to join it. It's a sacred group of SW Houston Texas friends.

So I asked Alteredacer to go ahead and make sure we weren't allowed to say it, and he told other members of my clan today that we aren't allowed to say it in chat unless we remove the clan tag.

Don't you think this is being a little... much? Perhaps he actually sees some validity in the argument against it. Us? Not so much. We're just a group of friends that have been playing games together for 15+ years. There's 7 maybe 8 of us total. We don't recruit nor do we accept anyone into our small group of friends. We don't spam it to promote it.

So I humbly ask, can we keep the meme alive? Can we continue to use the GGEZ clan tag and still say GGEZ at the end of every round? For old times sakes? Come on guys... Let's not make this a big deal and start handing out bans for this.

Regards,
FunkArouser

I asked you nicely the other night to stop, and you let loose with a lot of attitude. I checked with Irish a head admin and he says you appear to be advertising your clan. most type gg ez or gg, but you on purpose type it all together with caps, which is the same as your clan tag. and if I ask you or the others in your clan, they all act like coy like they can do what ever they want on our server.

Hi Alteredacer,

If there was any perceived attitude I do apologize. As I stated previously, it was shocking. And when someone accuses you of something you're initial response can be a bit charged. I simply asked for you to make sure. I said then as I had said now, we've been using it for weeks with no one else from TBG having any inkling that it was being used to recruit. Hence why I'm seeking further clarification on the matter.

So we can type gg ez in lower case, with a space, and that is not "recruiting"? Come on man. You seriously don't think this is too much? We're all just a bunch of dudes trying to have fun in the end. We enjoy the server and we don't really go out of our way to cause any trouble. In fact, myself and one my buddies have reported players abusing the very rules you have laid out in your server.

If I'm being honest, it does seem a bit like a personal thing with you against "us" at this point.

It's pretty obvious we aren't using it to recruit, which would be against your rules.

Regards,
FunkArouser

I spoke with Alteredacer about this. He was right to ask you to stop with the advertising. Instead of stopping and politely asking why you gave attitude. I checked the chat logs. Not very nice. We do not allow recruiting here plain and simple. Also when an Admin has to step in and say something please follow through with it, not get cocky and cause more of an issue than it actually is.

There is no issue with you saying it or not. With the situation as it was it looked like recruiting with what you were saying and what was on your tag. That's it. So as to avoid future issues could you please just say "GG EZ" with the space? I think this will help out. This way we have a happy medium.

Hi Irishian88J,

I suppose we will use a space with it between from henceforth. Thank you for the reply. Appreciate the clarification.

Regards,
FunkArouser

I appreciate your understanding.

~Irish

Back