[DAYZ] TBG DayZ Diary- Entry Two:Fishing, Hunting, Easter Eggs!

Bungied2theTree

We continue our journey in search of that illusive Camping Tent. Our hearts are weakening a little as we know the rarity of the spawn. We are given new hope hearing that there is another spawn point on the map, Supermarkets! With this knowledge in hand we would continue. But first, we wanted to try to fish!

in order to fish in DayZ you must make an Improvised Fishing Pole and a Fishing Lure. We found the Hook and Worms to make the lure on our previous journey. Sylca had the rope, now we just needed the Ashwood Stick, which you can harvest from an Ashwood tree. These are the rarest of Chernarus' Arborial Residents, but Sylca knows of a Tree spawning in the Nearby Town of Vybor. Brownstreaks, Killingseed and myself trod towards Vybor, indeed finding the tree in question. I quickly pull the pieces together and Viola! We can fish!
MB5duNZ.jpg

We all admit. It looks like I stuck a wire hanger around the end...

The three of us plod to the nearby pond. We try out fishing, hardly getting much of a nibble. I found that fishing is just as random/tedius as any other activity in Chernarus. But, the best things in life seldom come without some effort. So we run toward the lake Seed knows us nearby called Prud.
QUioDmw.png

When do we get Bicycles again?

We find our way to Prud, setting up a fire such that we can cook our quarry. I set out to fishing. Finally after many, many chances. I finally haul in that majestic Carp. This is the only species of fish currently in the game. I pass the fishing rod along to Seed, as I set out to cooking. I use my machete as carefully as I can to filet the fish. I am only able to salvage about 36% of the fish somehow (DayZ never lets you forget who is in control) and i lay it upon the fire to cook. We sit here for a while. Brownstreaks tests our hearts firing his Hand cannon. Satisfied we press on. We travel back around the mountain. We return to the shack we left off at. Not much later we try to sit on the Northwest Airfield for the Most Dangerous game, but we come up short and leave it for the night.
qbxFT6o.jpg

Mash that 'F' key...

The next day we set out with the goal of that tent back in our minds. Seed and I are quickly joined by Brownstreaks and Turbo. We meet up at Vybor. While we are there we find our first Easter Egg, Santa Claus! Seems he hid his picture in the smoke stack of the factory here. When we gather together we decide to split up and cover more shacks that way. Eventually meeting up in Balota for killing. Tubro and I take for the road!
loZh0hO.jpg

We think he is enjoying a real fatty down there...

Turbo and I ran all over the map moving southward. Stopping at Grocery stores, Barns, Feed Shacks. No luck. We meet a few interesting members of the undead population. One seemed to have an affinity for a certain tree in the middle of the forest. That is the only reason I'd venture for her to be there. We axe her if she knows where a tent may be. She merely grunts and falls over. We meet a woman and her friend/lover guarding their farm from us. They do not know where to find one either. We make our way all the way down to the southern coast just before the server is set to restart. We check thee before and after.
84rGzF6.png

I am glad my Redpunk Boots are Stylish and Comfortable...

Killingseed has to take care of some things, so he depart. Turbo and I start to move eastward towards Brownstreaks. On the way we meet some of the local fauna, A Red Deer and a Boar. We stop to harvest these animals. The red deer is a hearty animal and we are able to carve a dozen Venison Steaks from him. the boar gives us a few. We cook them up and decide to press back to the Northwest Airfield to check shacks. Brownstreaks decided to find himself a fuller sever to hunt for more competitive game. Turbo and i are on the road again!
spZEfw3.png

Where is the auto-pilot feature?

We press on finding shoes, glowsticks, portabel stoves, water bottles, rotten zucchini, but no tents. Behind one of the shacks we find something peculiar. Five piles of stones circled around some branches on the ground. We have found the Blair Witch Easter Egg. Bemused by this we move on toward the Northwest airfield. @AlaskanGrown907 has returned to Chernarus. So we decide to go meet up with him. We meet near the Northwest airfield. Turbo has to leave. He departs and Alaskan and myself run down toward Brownstreaks. And this is where we will leave our story for now. Until next time this is TBG Bungied2T signing off...

q7TzsfE.jpg

The real fear? They made a sequel..

To be Continued....

Back