[DAYZ] TBG DayZ Diary- Entry One:Magnificent Tent Adventure

Bungied2theTree

Today was an interesting day in TBG's portion of Chernarus. We found ourselves on a quest for an illusive Civilian Tent. Let's start with why we are on this epic quest.

Our fearless leader @killingseed was on much before I was. During his journey's he lost his geared toon thanks to the magic of DayZ. DayZ giveth and DayZ taketh. (Watch out for stairs!) After losing another to a bandit he started to search for an illusive tent within what are referred to feed shacks. Just like this gentleman found:
8HXB0eS.png

Water...

On his third or fourth shack he could not believe his eyes! The precious tent he had been searching for! He hurried to pick up this gift from the Bohemia Interactive Gods and hold it in his hands. (Tents are quite large in the way of inventory space. They only fit within two backback types in the game, niether of which our Bambi seed owned. It was sudden that a yellow chain appeared on his right. this was followed by a red message stating he had no received a message in 10.11.12... The server had restarted for loot! When he returned, his arms were bare. No tent was being cradled. He knew he must embark on a quest to find another! That's where our story truly begins!

I would login and hear this sad story. I decided I would join in on this quests. i too wish to have one to make use of its purpose of storing items on a server regardless of dying or the server restarting. I was still near the City/Air field of Balota where we had little action hunting the most dangerous game, other players. Set up in our red house we waited and saw little action.
UZq3e0v.jpg

Two snipers, @killingseed and @Brownstreaks. @sylca024 and myself guarding our six.

I began the journey northward to my first feed shack when @sylca024 logged in. He met me along the road and we began our journey northward in the direction @killingseed, being sure to hit every feed shack along the way. We make a few stops along the way. once to chance a deer for just a moment. Another stop was made at a farm south of Novy Sobor for a water break. We would meet our fearless leader in a barn along our dirt road just west of Guglovo (5582m As the crow flies). Luckily there was some military grade clothing for Seed there.
GEmkQml.png

Seeing our route drawn out makes it mush farther than that lucky crow.

After conferring over our route we continued along our journey checking shack to shack. Backpacks, Jogging Shoes, Rotten Oranges, Bandages, Gas Stoves.... No tents. We continue down our path. Axeing a few of the local zombie population questions about the locations of our quarry. It was after a little bit of travel that we saw a local who wasn't zombified.
nDZxPRU.png

Wish we could travel as fast as the red line does...

We would learn his name was Nick (2). Sylca spotted him just as were preparing to leave from the shack. He quickly ran down the hill, shouting orders to freeze and put his hands up. He soon complies, knowing his is vastly outnumber, outgunned, and just flat out unlucky. I restrain him as we go through what he has. it is not much. A bit of food, which begins to drop for us, a couple guns he did not have the proper ammunition for. After being assured he no longer a threat I release him from his handcuffs, after his clothes have been taken we give his the ultimatum. Join us in Teamspeak (Apply for info here:http://bit.ly/1l7QByL) and run with us, or die. He chooses the latter option unfortunately.
vgvXnDA.jpg

R.I.P. Nick(2). We still <3 you.

We continue going from shack to shack. Finding a rare fishing hook. We decide to keep this in case we find an elusive Ashwood tree so we can make a fishing pole and have some fish fillets in out new campsite. In a barn along the way we find a garden hoe. We can dig for worms! We have our worms and we continue on. Climbing down the mountain we lose sight of Sylca. Turns out he took a moment to reflect in the nearby Chapel.
kH9eglq.jpg

Oh Holy, Dean Hall, Bless us this day with a tent. We do not fret the color.

We continue from shack to shack. We find ourselves in Devil's Castle. It is rumored they spawn in castles, however Castle Loot is currently disabled. As we follow the train tracks toward the infamous Northwest Airfield we spot a a wild boar. Our travels have made us weary, and Killingseed has a machete so that we may skin the animal. We skin and quarter the animal, retrieving a few steaks and a pelt which Seed uses to fashion himself a less eye-catching backpack. Like the American Indians, we waste not.

We make our way down to Grishino. We check the Police Station there, hoping for better weaponry for Seed, and matches so that we can cook our Boar Steaks. We are unsuccessful in finding either, and decide to press into that Airfield to find better equipment for Seed, check a few shacks along the way. We tour the North Jail and the appropriately named Tent City. It's been picked over.
alDCnhk.png

Marathon? Think that's been licked a few times over.

We continue westward, checking each shack along the way. Seed questions if he hadn't held a tent already this day would he be embarking on this quest? Bemused by this, we all press on. We come across another shack, the rain is driving now. Our clothing is soaked. The shack once again lacks a tent, but it does hold another key, Matches! We light our fire inside the shack. We won't be able to light it outside. We chop down the nearby tree for firewood and sit down. It lights on the first try! We place our steaks on the fire.
CngNgdu.png

We are careful to watch them. It is not long after cooked that they reach the burned state.

Our time has run out. Sylca must leave for work. We put a bookmark in this journey. Our hearts a little weakened. Traveling much of four hours only to come up empty. I am not ready to give up. I hope Seed isn't either. Until then, this is TBG Bungied2T signing off.

To be Continued...

Last edited:
I hope we can soon add the video of our encounter with Nick(2) from Sylca soon!

I'll get one posted before bed.

P.S. I like reading books with pictures!

Last edited:
Back