[DAYZ] TBG DayZ Diary-Entry 3: Bambis, Tents, Celebration, and Loss

Bungied2theTree

We continue with our story down in the City/Airfield of Balota. Killingseed, AlaskanGrown, Brownstreaks, and myself are heading up the coast with a plan of having a little bit of fun. We find little in the beginning. Though we are running not far out of Balota when we get an odd feeling. How many of us were there? We have an extra man. After a quick standoff between us, and him accusing us of ruining the game, he is killed when I believe he discharges his firearm. The sound effects do not always work.
cVnZ24R.png

The change in line marks a change. I'll tell you when...

Our problem dealt with Kilingseed and I break off a bit northward in order to check a few grocery stores in neighboring towns. Alaskan and Brown continue through Chernogorsk. In Cherno they encounter two other geared players. Alaskan and Brown dispatch them with little incident. They continue into Elektrozavodsk and meet up with Chris Sutton who was held up in a fire station by zombies. We would meet up in Elektro, and continue on towards Kamyshovo. It is on the road we would meet two Bambis. A little hilarity would ensue. Take a look:
Note: I missed the first part. Laughing too hard to hit record...

After this encounter we would continue along the road to a few houses off the coast where the coastline bends northward (Where the line color changes). It is here we would meet up with Turbo. Turbo has brought with him meat harvested from another deer. We decide to take shelter from the rain here and eat our venison. Some of us throw other foods on the fire to see how they interact. Killingseed made the unfortunate error of cooking and eating a Rotten Kiwi. He would become sick. Our focus shifts from fun, to finding Charcoal tabs to keep Seed alive! Brownstreaks leaves us as we get ready to leave.

Along the way toward the medical buildings near the Factory and Berezino we would meet up with the Orange Bambi again. This encounter wasn't as much fun. The server would restart soon after. Alaskan does not return. Pressing on we move up the coast. Running fast trying to keep Seed Hydrated and fed the entire way up. Seed set up on top of one of the factories. Watching over as I moved into the Medical facility to find tabs. Berezino is a hot spot for Bambis and Geared players alike. Seed would snipe a poor bambi leaving the Police station and Seed and I would move north towards the wrecked Tanker, Rify.
ZvFFCHo.jpg

Iceberg? I think it was a bit more than that...

Killingseed and myself would fall under fire from snipers up on the hill. We lose them. Turbo and Chris Sutton would try to flank, but we are not able to find them. We would meet a Bambi at Rify. Chris Sutton takes him down with a Mosin shot Seed, Turbo, and I would get near the body. Chris would arrive a bit later. After an unfortunate Friendly-fire incident. Chris would have to run back to us. While we wait we set up a fire and cook up some Hossenfeffer from the rabbit Seed killed and we would eat. We would log for the night here. Tents in the back of our mind.
7q3gb7l.jpg

Say something next time Chris...

I would log on early the next morning. My ears must be lying. Chris Sutton tells me he has a tent! I quickly rush down all the way to Balota Airfield to retrieve our long awaited prize!
AFCDuv5.png

Schwarzenegger has nothing on me...

The near empty server allows me to reach Balota without incident, aside from a few encounters with the undead population. I meet Chris Sutton near the easternmost jail of the Airfield. I would suggest me move back to the woods so as to avoid sniper fire. I had waited so long for this moment.
jLl61q7.jpg

You got the goods, man?

I would then embark on a run way back up north to where we left Seed and Turbo. Seeded needed to have it worse than I did. I would run all the way up to Berezino. I decided to check the Medical supply building in Berezino. I find Charcoal tabs for Seed. As I am making my way along the coast I catch something out of the corner of my eye. A geared Player! I begin to panic and run my ass off. He takes shots at me. I'm hit! I'm bleeding! I quickly find shelter in some brush and bandage up. I then continue to book it north. I have come too far with this tent to lose it now! I reach my destination and assess the damage. My boots have gone from Pristine to Badly Damaged. he shot me in the foot. A few inches higher and my leg might have broken. And that would have been it. I log off and wait for Seed to return.
7PWDGI3.png

My precious.....

Seed would log on much later in the day. I would meet up with him and we would head down toward Berezino to meet with Chris Sutton coming up from the south. Seed would fell someone attempting to climb the factory. He knows he has a buddy, so he hunkers down. I approach with caution. I would have to make a mad dash to Seed, not knowing if his buddy was still around. The server would restart after I reach Seed. We would decide to head up the mountain, to set up our tent and enjoy it for a while. Chris Sutton would meet us there.
3JGAxHK.jpg

After all of this a truly satisfying moment...

From here I will not share our direction of travel. We found an excellent spot to hide our tent in the future, and I will not reveal it here. Seed, Chris, and myself would travel along trying to find a good place to for our tent to lie. A place easily accessible to those running back towards the airfield to get a bit of gear. Brownstreaks would soon log on and join up with us at our tent location. Turbo would soon do the same. We set up a fire for some food. We need to sharpen our axes to chop more wood. After 20 minutes of searching I come across some stone deposits. Turns out I found another Easter egg, The Altar.
GUofeXE.jpg

A Stonehenge nod perhaps?

We would harvest and add stones to our fire. Turbo would bring along a butchered Deer. Seed and myself harvest a few cows from a nearby field. We have worked hard for this moment so we are going to have a feast to celebrate! At one moment we have 20-30 steaks lying on the ground waiting to be cooked (you can only cook five items at a time).
jPCK0uw.jpg

I guess Brown doesn't like pictures...

The server restart is nearing. Soon we will learn if the persistence hotfix has been applied. Knowing we may lose our tent momentarily we know we must all try to get inside. Enjoy our tent while it may last only so long. The server nears dark. The five of us can barely pile into this little thing.
eyJj6p8.jpg

Keep in mind, Turbo has the only female character...

The dawn comes from a fresh server restart. Our prize is gone. They are not yet fully enabled. There is a brief moment of disappointment. All this work for nothing. All is not lost however! We have located our ideal spot for the future. We resolve we will find another once it is actually fully enabled. Turbo wants to try his fishing pole he acquired earlier so we return to Prud after a fair bit of travel. I set the fire. Seed and Turbo drop in their lines and our Majestic Tent Adventure comes to a close. Who knows where our travels will take us next? Next on the menu should be hunting for players. Until our next story this is TBG Bungied2T signing off...

Last edited:
it is...guess my lame sense of humour at that hilarious footage fell 5yards short.

Just wait til the next entry. I've got to do some editing for a better video.

Back