TBG BF3 & BF2 Map Server

Ghost_JAC

Hello TBG,

First, thanks for providing the 24/7 BF3 and BF2 server; it is the favorite server of my platoon (SAS). We play there regularly (7 days a week!) and know all the regular players there. It's become quite the community of players with allot of people meeting in TS to play together.

Being a platoon founder/leader suggestions are brought to me that I then take up the ladder to you guys who operate the server. I am being asked allot to inquire about adding one more map to the rotation for variety sake.

We understand the purpose of this server is BF3 and BF2 maps. No vanilla or DLC. No argument there since the veteran players who want a BF3/BF2 map experience have a reliable place to go. The map I am being asked about is Operation Outbreak. This is a great map, is non-vanilla or standard DLC, and is similar to Dragon Valley in that it was a free map released to the community, so it won't isolate players from the server. It also has a similar layout and feel to BF3 maps - good lane design, limited vertical gameplay, predictable engagements (not typical of allot of BF4 maps). This map would be a great match for the server, we think, because it has a great blend of tank and infantry combat; with a slight change of pace from Firestorm/Caspian/Oman/Dragon Valley. Also, it is nearly impossible to find this excellent map in a populated 24/7 server.

Would it be possible to at least include it for a trial period? As someone who plays TBG 5-7 days per week, I really think the regular server population (not just my platoon) would appreciate this and it would make the server even more popular.

Regardless of your decision, thank you for listening and I appreciate your time. Thanks for providing this great server.

Ghost_JAC

Good afternoon everyone. I would also like to submit my input on this matter since I also play on this server daily and enjoy the community. Although I am aware there is nothing legally binding TBG to take my input into its decision making process. I concur with Ghost-Jac that the Operation Outbreak map should be added to the BF2-3 maps server for the reasons he stated above and also cuz it has BF Vietnam feel to it. Anyways thank you for taking the time to listen to our requests. Have great day and see you all on the battlefield.

sounds like a good idea, especially because, as @Ghost_JAC typed, "it is nearly impossible to find this excellent map in a populated 24/7 server". To be honest I forgot about the map haha

Mmmm we could try it but no promises if I see the server traffic declining it will be removed from rotation. I don't see how this relates to bf3/bf2 so I do find that a bit misleading if you see where I am coming from

Please note norshar canal map will be coming relatively soon so that server will still see an additional map eventually. That map was from bf3

Thank you Fast. Perhaps a better way I could have explained it is that Outbreak reminds allot of us veterans of BF Vietnam which is a classic BF game. Your suggestion is very reasonable, if population declines, then no one wants this and it should go.

Actually, Noshar Canals is already in the rotation; it is a section of the map in Dragon Valley (they combined the two maps into one). They made the dock area in Dragon Valley an exact replica of the TDM area from Noshar Canals in BF3. However, in Conquest Large, you don't have access to that part of the map.

Grateful to TBG for at least trying it out! Thank you for hearing and being willing to try. Awesome:)

Thank you for listening Fast and thank you Ghost Jac for putting this out there. Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think a majority of the regular players that play often on the server will support this but who knows. Now if only we could get Metro in the rotation. JK. I know how everyone feels about this map. Boo.

I did not know norshar canal was added to dragon valley. I thought it was being released on its own.

I did not know norshar canal was added to dragon valley. I thought it was being released on its own.
Yeah, it was already added, they simply made it the dock area of Dragon Valley, but it can only be used for TDM.

^ A big thank you to TBG. We leveled that jungle map last night and managed to ram Lavs together to make a A. It was hilarious until someone RPGd us. I even played a little this morning before coming to work.

Back