Taking the plunge

If you can justify the price increase I'd get the H80i or the H100i. Having the fan controls is very nice and handy. Also if you have a case with a window you can control the pretty colors!

I have had good luck with corsair. I have the h110 which is huge but cools great. Buy the biggest one that will fit which to get the best cooling.

I just installed this one a few months ago, it's basically the Thermaltake version of what you are looking at. This particular model was kind of a pisser to install because of the goofy tabs on a round pump that you can see in the pic, but it was worth every penny and headache. It's a cheap sealed system which is what I was looking for on my first water cooler install because the risk/reward was appropriate. I love it, runs nice and cool but not nearly as quiet as I would like. For that price there are a half dozen different water coolers you can go with and honestly if you stick with Corsair, Thermaltake or CoolerMaster you will get a solid product. Even this small and cheap of a cooler knocked 30+ degrees off my operating temperature, I never get over 40 now and rarely over 36 and I used to run 75-80 while playing BF.

cplmac, that's a rebranded Asetek and it can be tricky to snap in if you don't know the knack of it.

@turbo, the H80 has a thicker rad which=better cooling and is worth the extra money but either way you'll be happier than air cooling I'm sure.

Now I'm looking at the H100i the only reason I would get the H80i instead is that it wouldn't require any case modification. However I'm incredibly handy and have pretty much every tool I could possibly need in this lifetime, so I think I'm going to mod my case and go with the H100i.

QUESTION: is a typical metal side panel strong enough to hold up the radiator and fans of the H100i?

If you feel comfortable with refurbished newegg has a h80i for $65.

What case do you have? I wouldnt see why you could install on the side panel I mean its metal it shouldnt be going anywhere.

If you feel comfortable with refurbished newegg has a h80i for $65.

What case do you have? I wouldnt see why you could install on the side panel I mean its metal it shouldnt be going anywhere.

I can't argue with that price. Thanks for the link. Looks like I will be water cooled very soon.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I would buy asap because you never know how many they have available. Also Id look into some different fans because corsair stock fans can be a bit loud.

Already ordered and also ordered quieter fans for push/pull. Thanks

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Stock Corsair fans work fine for me. I guess they make a bit of noise, but I keep them at 900 rpm pretty steady so its not noticeable.

Got everything in and setup last night. Wanted to thank everyone from this forum for giving me the courage to do it (special thanks to Sixer and Doc for recommending the H80i and Krazy for finding me a good deal). Was fun to work on a computer again. Felt like a refresher course.

I think my favorite thing besides the low temps is the led temp indicator on top of the pump. Now I can just look over at my case, and know what temp range I'm at.

Last edited:
No love :'(

lol should have given you credit for finding the deal. Was glancing over the thread too quickly and saw the link Sixer posted assuming it was the deal (see edit). Thanks Krazy!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Back