Surround sound headset?

sixer9682

I'm thinking of getting a new headset as the padding one the cones is falling apart on my current ones and I want to get Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 capable headphones.

I have a very good sound card that does virtual 7.1, the Asus Xonar XT.

My question is-are digital surround sound better than analog with this sound card or would it matter?

Would I be better off with something like Medusa NX 5.1Medusa-USA : SPEEDLINK Medusa NX 5.1 Gaming Headset

Or something with digital like these:

Steelseries 7H http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-7h

SenneheiserPC 330 http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headsets_pc_pro-gaming_skype-voip_504121

Everyone I know that has a set of Sennheiser headphones loves them, pretty much a sure bet they'll be worth it.

Hey Sixer!

I had the Asus Xonar sound card as well with a Senneheiser headset on my old XP machine. Was using it to capture/mix in-game sound with Teamspeak sound input for making short video clips of knife rampages etc... But I had intermittent problems in-game though. Sounds would get stuck on a specific sound and repeat over/over... Drove me nuts. Anyway I recently built a new water cooled i7930 4Ghz computer running Win7 64, and didn't bother with the sound card setup. Just using on-board sound. I'm running a USB Logitech G35 headset now and have no problems. Not recording any videos though... So you and Balls are safe from the TBaggin videos :)

Most of us are playing MOH and BC2... tried the 2142 1.51 beta. You guys still playing 2142? Sure would be nice if they refreshed 2142 with the same graphics/engine they are using for BC2... Much better gameplay in 2142, just that the graphics are dated.

-Taste

It's not as easy as just "sticking in new graphics". There would have to be an engine change and knowing DICE everything would be fucked up forever. They can't even fix the gun on the side of the transport, much less migrate the game to a new engine.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Razer headsets. The Megalodon is an AMAZING piece of hardware. The sound is great, its comfortable, and its fucking cool looking. I have a few friends who have one and they can't say enough good things about it.

Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

I have NOTHING but problems with the megalodon. It's something with the drivers. Physically I like it, and i wanted to like it. But there are issues with some people and 64-bit windows on the mic and it randomly losing its usb sync with the pc. Every time I played id get 30 mins of play time before I had to restart the game and unplug the usb. PITA

Yeah, I won't ever use a USB connection for the headphones to sound card. That's just asking for squelchy sound bullshit.

I have the "Razer Carcharias ". I had some Tritton 5.1 surrond sound and they suck imo. There was hardly any bass to them at all.

Back