Suggestion: Server Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCIFER Snake

Now I would understand why not to give it out like candy. But when there is a lot of servers being managed by a handful of people, the players on these servers tend to break the rules most of the time. As admins cannot be online 24/7 on the server, having a large number of players who go to the servers on a regular basis, and knows the rules, and follows the rules, should be server admins if interested..

What I mean by server admins, is no BF2142cc access, I mean just ability to ban/kick within the server, with ingame commands. Thats it. That to me is nothing since I know how much power can a full server admin can have.

We could call this "In-Game Server Admins" or just "In-Game Admins".

For example (not a complaint): I the other day was playing on the WAKE TBG server, these two fellows was constantly spamming the voice commands, somehow they hacked or figured a glitch out... Players had no vote kick, I was trying to figure out if any online admins were in the server.. I couldn’t find one in time to kick/ban them.

That example itself can cause people to just not come back ever again maybe, or for a few days.. But since 2142 has a very limited amount of active servers, people always come back to popular servers.. I myself only have 5-10 servers active and under an avg. server ping 100, compared to BF2 having thousands.

Again I'm not bitching, complaining, whining, ect... This is only a helpful suggestion to help increase stability for the TBG servers.

In order to find the right people, give them a 30day trail period.. if 1 legit complaint from players or from TBG members/admins, he's gone from being an admin. This could help the servers by filtering out the rule breakers as soon as possible.

Now if you really want me to stop giving suggestions I can... just lock the topics I post, would be a good sign I shouldn’t give any legit suggestions.

admins can't be on all the time yes. Does that mean they can do whatever they want during that time no. We have regulars who posts screenshots, fraps and more in our forums (section called players to watch out for) and usually its taken care in a fast manner.
We had people come onto our forums and say they are radio spamming. They were banned in less than 10 minutes. The forums or ventrilo is where you can reach an admin.
Admin privileges will not be given to non tbg members. They do not represent us nor do they usually contribute financially to the servers. All members usually sign their bans in case we need to discuss about them and we do not want to discuss incidents with non members. Being a member is a prerequisite before becoming an admin.

We do know how to run servers and we have been doing this for a while now and we are not newbies.

Okay then I misunderstand of what kind of community this is. I thought TBG was a community based online gaming group of gamers, not a closed community. What is the goal for TBG? for more growth or just it doesnt matter? who ever joins, joins.. ?

The way your handling kicks/bans is the same way customer service is handled with only emails... its always much slower than phone service or instant message. Same goes for gaming. The fastest way is to handle customer issues is give very little admin powers to kick/ban or at the minimum kick, to guys ether already in the community or guys who cannot afford to contribute financially to join TBG, for ingame admin. Of course the guy who cannot afford to contribute financially can be heavily interviewed or monitored.. just note the power to kick/ban isn’t much at all compared to full admin powers.

Not every player who has good or more admin skills can join or contribute financially at all in anyway. But good admins like me can contribute time and skills.

Why games bother having QA testers? To keep quality assurance up for the consumers. It’s no different to having an ingame admin to keeping quality up.

This is only another way for gaming servers to keep quality up for the players in the server. I can ensure to keep Quality up by being a good admin. When more and more players get into poor quality experiences more players would avoid those servers. But sadly, since 2142 today has little popularity, so people accept poor quality servers (in general). TBG servers are great when admins are online… And whenever I’m on, its fine as well most of the time.

Id have to say if your so concerned about it and cant get an admin even though they seem to be addicts on the forums at almost all hours. Apply to join tbg. I dont see a point in giving any admin rights to non clan members because who knows you could just want to get rid of the people that kick your ass. The forums can be really powerful and if all else fails theres vent and some people have xfire. theres always a way to get ahold of someone in a timely manner.

I wouldn't call it a closed community either. In fact it's very open. I don't think you'll find a more solid gaming community anywhere. It's the way it is because people participate and are dedicated to it. Server admin privs are the least of it.

Jesus tapdancing christ... you still at it?
For someone who says they ran a lot of shit in the past, you clearly have no clue how things work.

If you were to add TBG members to your friends list you would find that 98% of the time some one is on. Most of us play Suez and only go else where if the server crashes or we get bored (rare). So, if you wanted one of use all you have to do is send an IGPM with server name and the issue and we would be more than willing to come and clean house. I know if I get a complaint from Tampa or Camp G. I will head over and fix it up.

A quick search on this guy yields quite a bit.
This is not the first time Lucy has asked for handouts.

LOL you make 250k+ a year homeslice why not get a shit load of servers for yourself, and do things your way? Oh whats that? cause ur full of it... I see.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...463-seso-looking-distributor-my-bf2-clan.html
http://boards.ign.com/battlefield_2/b7641/94954512/p1/
http://www.myspace.com/sesosnake
(If your interested in donating and helping Crash Gaming Project Services to start up, go to paypal.com send money to wftherock12@hotmail.com) lolz

EDIT:
Choice quote!

"I am clearly the perfect guy for that, i can build a huge clan or a huge muili. clan , all i need is the tools..." - Lucy

Perhaps the tool is much closer than you think... try looking in a mirror to find it. I bet you'll get it at first glance.

If a buddy of mine IM's me about some shit on a server, I will quit my game and join the server to enforce the rules. I have no problem switching servers if someone is breaking the rules. I think most of us at TBG is like this. Yes, we visit some servers more than other, but like was said before, we can not be everywhere 24/7.

[quote1251578971=Soldier4Real]
Bottom line is that non -|TBG|- members will NEVER have admin on our servers.
[/quote1251578971]

QFTW! PWnt.

if we're not in game someone is usually always on vent, even in the wee hours of the morning. so pop in, give one of us a shout and we'll take care of any problems, you might have.

[quote1251592077=Agent .25i]
A quick search on this guy yields quite a bit.
This is not the first time Lucy has asked for handouts.

LOL you make 250k+ a year homeslice why not get a shit load of servers for yourself, and do things your way? Oh whats that? cause ur full of it... I see.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...463-seso-looking-distributor-my-bf2-clan.html
http://boards.ign.com/battlefield_2/b7641/94954512/p1/
http://www.myspace.com/sesosnake
(If your interested in donating and helping Crash Gaming Project Services to start up, go to paypal.com send money to wftherock12@hotmail.com) lolz

EDIT:
Choice quote!

"I am clearly the perfect guy for that, i can build a huge clan or a huge muili. clan , all i need is the tools..." - Lucy

Perhaps the tool is much closer than you think... try looking in a mirror to find it. I bet you'll get it at first glance.

[/quote1251592077]

I dont mind applying a member, but it requires cash I dont have.

I understand you may dislike me, but if you read the dates on those topics was from years back.

Crash itself is a project made to help people start up a clan/community/competitive teams in supported FPS games. Only a few months after researching for that project wasn’t possible without a sponsor to help fund that project. And I personally couldn’t and still can’t fund that project.. But I still plan to because I like helping out the potential teams to successfully running a team on their own.

That’s not the reason I'm here.. I'm a very loyal player to TBG servers. I want to help the people who been providing me good servers to play on as a player. Nothing is perfect as you seem it is. Everything has room for improvement, it’s just if you want to improve them or not.

Again I'm only trying to be helpful.. You may hate constructive criticism, but my helpful advice is for the founders.

Suggesting us how things should run isn't really going to cut it no offence. We have our own plans and agenda. Thanks for your enthusiasm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back