Still lookin for some help lol

Felix58

Ok figured out it wasnt the MoBo so it has to be the processor said i had a general cmos failure

so

whats a good mobo + processor combo?

i'm going to keep my video card so i just need a new mobo enless yall have any good recomdations/cheep mobo cpu and video card

i really want to make cod4-2 run awsome

lolz i am still around in the shadows so dont think i am gone heh
when i get this sht finally running i will be back

does the mobo card determine the max download speed ie if your card only does 9 megs a second and you can stream up to 12 megs (comcast) would a new mobo fix that or would i need a new network card or something else?

Download speed is determined by your network card/router/switches. if you have a 100mb connection you can support 12mb internet easy.

norcross right off of 141

lol i got loaned a thinkpad from 00' running 98 lol but at least i have net access again going to be a while before i get to play any cod4/2 = (

If you're an overclocker: EVGA, DFI, Gigabyte are the ones I'd recommend... although any X58 based motherboard should offer very similar features/performance. It's more of a fanboy jerkoff as far as what mobo you will get... Personally, I jerk off to DFI.

For processor, I'd recommend the i7 920 from microcenter.com (I think they have local pickup in Atlanta too). It's an unbelievable deal.

As far as network card, don't even worry about that. 99.9% of network cards have been supporting at least 100megabits per second for at least 10 years... and now a lot support 1gigabit per second too. I think the x58 chipset usually comes with a gigabit one - haven't looked.

In any case, the limitation to your network speed is always the internet service provider, i.e. the connection over the cable in the case of a cable modem (such as comcast).

Get to microcenter for the i7 processor. The MB prices there are not bad so you may want to go online for those, but no one beats their processor price. It is in store only, but I think they have one over your way. If not the Marietta store is probably no more than 30 minutes.

ty for all the help guys = D
just got new job so saveing up to fix car then comp ; )
dam i am broke lolz dam u obama where is my change lol
anyway yea i think i am going to build something nice when i get the cash

LOL i don't know how to explain the pure erotic vibes i get from bandwidth like this..

Back