Star Citizen: Last Chance to Get Life-Time-Insurance Before Dogfighter Module!

Re-write? What are you talking about lex?

I think he's talking about the "netcode" rewrite for the dogfighting module (and game as a whole).

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

Basically this is how I understand it, from my conversations with him. His initial projections figured he'd make 2-3 million in crowdfunding, with a small but active community. Dogfighting module would be released to help drum up hype for the game, and they would simply do the netcode and stuff later on. Let DFM be a sample of what Star Citizen was going for.

The reality is, the hype is already there. The money is already there. Now Roberts has switched gears from "try and impress people" to "we can't let people down and lose the hype". A buggy pre-alpha will not be seen by the naysayers as a pre-alpha. It will be seen as a fully fledged game. And if it has major problems, those naysayers will be trumpeting "TOLD YOU SO!"

Basically this is how I understand it, from my conversations with him. His initial projections figured he'd make 2-3 million in crowdfunding, with a small but active community. Dogfighting module would be released to help drum up hype for the game, and they would simply do the netcode and stuff later on. Let DFM be a sample of what Star Citizen was going for.

The reality is, the hype is already there. The money is already there. Now Roberts has switched gears from "try and impress people" to "we can't let people down and lose the hype". A buggy pre-alpha will not be seen by the naysayers as a pre-alpha. It will be seen as a fully fledged game. And if it has major problems, those naysayers will be trumpeting "TOLD YOU SO!"
Hmmmm. Indeed..

I hear that they are going to rework the 300 series's, which is cool I guess. I was thinking about picking up a Connie for deep space exploration, I don't think that my 350R will cut it out in verse

I'm ready! Thinking of Constellation too at some point or if something better comes...

11.jpg

Hmmmm. Indeed..

I hear that they are going to rework the 300 series's, which is cool I guess. I was thinking about picking up a Connie for deep space exploration, I don't think that my 350R will cut it out in verse

They're reworking all the ships to give them PBR (Physical Based Rendering). Basically, rather than guessing how light will react to a type of material, they just use a single light source and the material is given a property that makes that light react differently.

Boom! Just bought the avenger! With 10 tonnes of cargo space I might make that bitch my attack platform for going after merc bases if the super hornet doesn't come back out.

I'm trying to figure if It will be easier to explore with the 350R or 315p. Like Ricky bobby I want to go fast, but also be able to go far

Boom! Just bought the avenger! With 10 tonnes of cargo space I might make that bitch my attack platform for going after merc bases if the super hornet doesn't come back out.

I'm trying to figure if It will be easier to explore with the 350R or 315p. Like Ricky bobby I want to go fast, but also be able to go far

I still have your Aurora that you never claimed. What's your email and ill regift it to you.

Pretty excited about this game. Hopefully my piloting is better than in BF....

Back