Star Citizen: Last Chance to Get Life-Time-Insurance Before Dogfighter Module!

BOT#00001

For those who have been putting off getting involved in Star Citizen, the next couple days will be the last opportunity to get LTI and the ability to purchase some limited-availability ships!

As you know, November 26, 2013 marks the end of Lifetime Insurance (?LTI?) availability for Original and Veteran backers. We made lower-cost LTI packages available as a reward for the group of backers who made Star Citizen possible in the initial campaign, which culminated with the close of a grace period on November 26, 2012.

To celebrate our first year in operation, over the next week leading up to the 26th we will be offering each of the ?limited edition? ships and packages once again for a limited time, so that anyone who would like to pick one up can do so. To give everyone a shot to catch the ship they?re interested in, we are going to announce the schedule in advance today. Ships and packages will be available for 24 hours (midnight to midnight PST.)

As a special thank you to everyone that has got us this far, including our growing contingent of New backers, Limited ships will include LTI for everyone! However they will only be available at the original prices for early backers (Original and Veteran) to keep in the spirit of our original promise to make sure that the earliest backers would have a benefit over later backers.

Here are the specific sale dates:

Monday, November 18 ? ORIGIN M50
Tuesday, November 19 ? ORIGIN 350R & Lightspeed Package
Wednesday, November 20 ? Drake Caterpillar
Thursday, November 21 ? RSI Aurora LX
Friday, November 22 ? Anvil Gladiator & Aegis Retaliator (running through the weekend)
Monday, November 25 ? MISC Starfarer

And on tuesday the 26th, they will have a 4 hour livestream that will unveil some new ships! Including the Banu Trading Vessel and the Xi'an Scout. Plus, they will make limited quantities of the Idris-P available on a first come first serve basis.

We will also unveil the first details on the next assortment of ships, as we did at the first livestream! Like the original group, these ships will be offered for sale on special occasions? including some which will be purchasable for the first time on the 26th! There will also be a limited number of LTI Idris-P corvettes available for sale to all users, offered in four allotments throughout the day to allow Citizens around the world a chance at purchasing these rare ships.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it. Don't miss out!

more info...

I already got an Origin 325A. The other ships I want are well over a hundred dollars. Can't see spending any more till the alpha comes out...

I already got an Origin 325A. The other ships I want are well over a hundred dollars. Can't see spending any more till the alpha comes out...

Good deal. Can't wait to <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">shoot</span> fly with you!

Nice! We'll see how the sales are. Depending, I may pick up an additional ship - currently just running the freelancer.

I might pick up one of the Xi'an Scouts. It's supposed to be able to maneuver in a telephone booth.

I ended up swapping out my Freelancer for a Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet. Looks pretty awesome in the hanger module.

End of the year or Jan of next. Will likely start out as single player because Chris Roberts wants to rewrite the netcode.

I am going to throw money at this game when it comes out. I tend to not preorder games anymore due to getting burned by EA too many times(SimCity, Dragon Age II, BF4....) I have SUPER high hopes for this game.

I am going to throw money at this game when it comes out. I tend to not preorder games anymore due to getting burned by EA too many times(SimCity, Dragon Age II, BF4....) I have SUPER high hopes for this game.
I know how you feel. I've stopped preordering after the BF4 fiasco. The good thing about this game is there is a lot of transparency. When the delayed the dogfighter module, they gave good reason rather than try to shove it out there before the deadline. Some where upset at the delay but most of the backers were happy about the announcement and gave their support for the additional time. To date, this is the only game I preorded because of the transparency RSI provides.

That sim is sure expensive! Awesome looking though. How is it?

so...if you already purchased a ship we don't LTI unless you buy it now?

That sim is sure expensive! Awesome looking though. How is it?
Well, the hanger module is out so we can check out the ships we purchased. Plus if allows us to report any bugs and of course, mess with any addons we bought. The game itself shouldn't be expensive. I know I dropped 175 for an explorer package which came with a lot of perks like a hard cover manual, physical copy of the game, and lifetime insurance on my ship, among other things. A lot of these ships will be available in game so its not like you have to buy all of them now.

so...if you already purchased a ship we don't LTI unless you buy it now?

If you already bought then LTI is included with your ship. You can check your details in your account and in your hanger.

upload_2014-1-6_11-46-2.png

This game looks Amazing! Reminds me of a MMO I used to play called Earth & Beyond.
I think Westwood Studios produced it EA bought it , then shut the servers down 4 months later.

This game looks Amazing! Reminds me of a MMO I used to play called Earth & Beyond.
I think Westwood Studios produced it EA bought it , then shut the servers down 4 months later.
Sounds like typical EA.

Back