ST:O

AmishBob

Assistant to the Regional Leadership Manager
Admin
So...I created an account and installed today. Probably be playing around with it at work some.

Any advice? I know nothing about the game.

um...not sure. Possibly @amishbob.
I can't get the game to run through RDP or using teamviewer. Both cause the game to crash on login. I can get it to work, kinda, with logmein - but its stupid slow.

I play with teamviewer on android (not desktop) all the time logging into the game initially or coming in when its already running. But yeah there would generally be no playing seriously. Just market buying and selling etc. If you have a laptop and a cell phone its actually faster to run the game natively on say even 3g then it is to remote at any speed from a desktop. Its also alot cheaper lol ive used 20 GB in the last 2 weeks just team viewering to do fleet project donations. MB for native GB for remote.

As far as the game goes you either have to like MMO's or love Star Trek. As we told Waflez the game STARTS at level 10. He played to level 10 and the moment he ranked he went to bed judgement made without even trying anything unlocked at 10 lol. But honestly i don't think he woulda liked it given his initial taste anyways.

Level 10 unlocks the power leveling mirror universe. You will have unlocked all the basic stuff by then as well. Pretty much no restrictions that will be lifted after 10 until you get STF's at 44 and the Elite's as well as some level 50 only stuff at 50. Prior to 10 your stuck doing boring missions which while often easy and unchallenging just... dont interest me as i hate MMO's. STF's are a challenge and will make you rage worse then being with a smurf in the attack chopper (BF3). Shit has to be done a certain way or you either fail or make it take a LOOOONG time.

Its different to everyone. Some people like story line and love the user created Foundry missions. But the main tip is if your in the tutorial... READ. Waflez had superior skills in this and blazed through it. But if you dont read you might for example not equip your kit and then go on an endless borg killing spree that is well endless since you never did what you were supposed to do.

I love mmo's one of my favorite types of games. Star trek was def not for me , i just found the space combat repetitive and the ground combat horrible. I hoped the game would surprise me , alas it did not :(.

I love mmo's one of my favorite types of games. Star trek was def not for me , i just found the space combat repetitive and the ground combat horrible. I hoped the game would surprise me , alas it did not :(.

The ground combat is horrible. However you never participated in PVP or anything dynamic. You did missions at worst and PVE, Encounters at best. Everything you did was everything we wanted you to get past. But then again you really dont want to PVP until 50 i mean there is no level matching etc doesnt make sense to.

The world opens up at the point you quit. Obviously if you didn't like a single thing about the game then thats a good decision. But we said the game starts at 10. You never played after that. You never started the game :p

The repetitive crap is required at some points either for the fleet or for yourself. Don't like it then yeah you'll hate the game altogether even the good parts you do like since its not worth getting to. But person versus person is dynamic and challenging and can make anyone look like a noob.

Back